+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know, this really ain't so bad

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Any girl who lets you put it in her butt is worth holding out for.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ Unless said girl is a filthy crack whore.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Any girl who lets you put it in her butt is worth holding out for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    ^ Unless said girl is a filthy crack whore.
    Bluesummer, I politefully disagree

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    If/when my parents go, I can't imagine how I'll cope. I'm really, really close with both my mum and my dad. That'll f-ck me up for years and years.
    I feel completely the same way. I don't see the point of life without my family. Life is defined by my relationship with my family. I can be a billionaire but wouldn't give the slightest shit if my family wasn't around

Which then it kind of occurred to me just how important family is. So I realized the uber importance of starting my own family before my parents die. Being caught without the family you were born into and without your own family you started seems like the most hellish and nightmarish thing ever. So you need to start your own family and have kids while they can have grandparents

Of course, reasons like this also make you understand how important extended family is as well, and it makes me extremely fortunate to have such a large and caring extended family

My best friends mom was recently diagnosed with cancer and I feel so horrible for him and his family, it's so sad

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Of course, reasons like this also make you understand how important extended family is as well, and it makes me extremely fortunate to have such a large and caring extended family
    We're complete opposites on this.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm pretty much totally estranged from my family.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

this all seems kind of familiar to me! i guess the most important thing, is to be content with yourself. i'm also 25 cb, and also single after my first relationship began and ended not so long ago. for all those years i had been single i always wanted to have a girlfriend. at that time, it was more about what i didn't have and the wonder of what it feels like to care about someone and have someone care about you.

when i met my ex, i honestly felt like cloud 9. it was an amazing experience and i had an awesome time. in fact, sometimes it felt as though i was dreaming. but that didn't last long. it lasted about 3 or 4 weeks. after that, things went downhill, fast.

i think i have come to realize and appreciate being single more than i ever have before. i feel more free, relaxed, and content that i did before i met my ex.

so, for sure, going through that experience of meeting someone, and doing the whole dating thing was fun, and of course getting laid on a regular basis was a nice perk. but as someone else pointed out above, there are pro's and con's to both being single and being in a relationship.

i think it is important to understand the pro's and con's, of both situations. in my case, before i met my ex..i never realized the pro's of being single. but now i do, so that is why i seem to enjoy this life more right now.

having said that, i would like to meet someone someday, but for now, i'm content, and whether you are single or in a relationship, i think that is the keyword.. to be 'content'

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Bluesummer, I politefully disagree
    Hey, whatever floats your boat buddy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12