+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know, this really ain't so bad

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

You know, this really ain't so bad

Being single. I don't want to sound like a cold hearted bastard, but I'm starting to enjoy being single again. I mean truly single, because even while I was overseas I wasn't completely unfettered.

It's nice not having to think about how my actions are going to affect someone else. Sometimes I feel like being in a relationship just creates a lot of pressure. There's a lot of emphasis on what your'e doing or what you're not doing. On how the other person's feeling, and how you're feeling, and how they feel about how you're feeling.

And, I've been getting a fair bit of female attention since I broke up. I mean, just when I've been going out on the weekends. My moons must be all in alignment or something. I've been enjoying myself.

My best mate Henry, he of the "triangle is more powerful than the circle" pick up line just broke up with his girlfriend as well. And there is no better guy to go out drinking with, he's one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet. I reckon I'm not going to be in a relationship again for ages. I just don't have it in me.
    Last edited by Charlie Boy II; 07-10-08 at 07:57 PM.

There are pro's and con's to the single life, just like there are to being in a relationship. Single is fun at first cuz its when you feel free and like you arent obligated to pelase anyone. Then after a while, you wish you had one specific person to turn to and call yours. Someone to be there for you emotionally physically and all the typical stuff. I'm beginning to hate being single, but I'm not ready for a relationship right about now. I'll continue the single life for a while, but I've already grown to be lonely cuz I love having someone to be with.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah but I don't really get that "need someone to be with". I'm not getting into another relationship unless I am well and truly, head over heels in love.

My mum said the other night, she wants to see me get my heart broken. She wasn't being sadistic, she just thinks it's something everyone should go through and I agree. Sometimes I worry that I just don't have it in me.

No no no it's not that I NEED someone, it just feels good to have someone there. I'm not THAT co-dependent lol.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

you remind me of my dad. he is like that too. in fact he just turned 60 this year and he's finally kinda settling down with this woman he's been dating. but he doesn't want to live with her and he doesn't want to marry her.

he's been like that forever. i don't think he's had his heart broken by a woman except when his mother died.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's funny you say that actually, just as I was typing that before I almost qualified it with "romantic heartbreak". If/when my parents go, I can't imagine how I'll cope. I'm really, really close with both my mum and my dad. That'll f-ck me up for years and years.

I think it's great to enjoy being single. As for whether or not it gets old after a while - who cares? Being attached gets old, too. You are plenty young enough to change your tune when the urge strikes you. Males have a longer shelf life since they don't carry eggs.

Just be careful not to leave your condoms laying around so some girl can poke holes through them in an attempt to catch you.

Edit: Don't worry about your parents. It's morbid.
    Last edited by shh!; 07-10-08 at 08:48 PM.

how old are you again cb?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can it be? Someone has finally seen the light.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    he's been like that forever. i don't think he's had his heart broken by a woman except when his mother died.
    Hard to fall in love when your heart has been broken.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm 25, a couple of months off 26 Misombra

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really think about it.

But considering I live with my girlfriend I like thing to be smooth.

Plus I get laid whenever I want.

For the most part.

Being single is definetly empowering. I loved having all the freedom and doing what I want whenever I wanted. When you don't have anyone with standards to live up to you can just be yourself and live the way you want to.

On the down side though, the older you get the more you get set in your ways and the less ability to adopt to pressures of having a family. Granted, on the plus side you get the experience.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I'm 25, a couple of months off 26 Misombra
    you have many more experiences ahead of you.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never found being single a negative thing. You need that time to be selfish and do the things in life that are important to you without worrying about another person or how your decisions will affect them. It's good for your personal growth.

I got more accomplished in my short time being single than I ever did coupled.

The reason I was convinced that my fiance was worth selling out my singledom for was that he lets me live how I want, and has supported my growth plans. He doesn't stop me from being who I am or doing what I want. That's the person you hold out for.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast