+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do couples do together?

What do couples do together?

This might sound a bit mundane, but I actually wonder. At the age of 23, I have not had a girlfriend yet. Now, however, luck seems to have changed. I have met a great girl who I really like and care about, and she feels the same way. So, with some luck and playing my cards right, we might end up as boyfriend and girlfriend.

This is what I have wanted all my life, but I am wondering - what do you really do together when you are a couple? As for now, we have just talked alot to get to know each other, went on some dates, like at the museum, going to cafés and the likes. This is OK, and fun, in the dating phase, but what happens if we actually become a couple?

Yeah, probably sex, I know, but what else? How often do you meet up with your significant other, and what do you really do when you are together?

I really care about this girl, and I want to be with her. I just hope it will be as fun as the dating phase!

Well for me and my girlfriend, we do what we would usualy be doing if we were single, only together.
    You can't magicly make things to do out of thin air, i think if two people are really good for eachother, it's not what they are doing, it's who they are doing it with. Wether that is driving all around the state listening to music, or just sitting at home watching tv.
    Me and my girl hit the bong and then the bedroom most of the time :p
    “I now have absolute proof that smoking even one marijuana cigarette is equal in brain damage to being on Bikini Island during an H-bomb blast.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Couples get together. They're happy for a couple of months. Then they desperately cling to that brief time for as long as they possibly can, vainly struggling to convince themselves that they're still happy.

Then they either get married or break up and repeat the process.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Couples get together. They're happy for a couple of months. Then they desperately cling to that brief time for as long as they possibly can, vainly struggling to convince themselves that they're still happy.

Then they either get married or break up and repeat the process.
    Lol gribble, feeling a bit disenchanted, just a tad….haha
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends on each couple and their interests. If you have similar hobbies, you'll probably engage in some of them together.

My fiance and I golf together, play video games, go for walks, cook together, or just hang out and watch tv. Occasionally we'll travel or go out for dinner, or attend functions with friends. We also have our own stuff we do without each other.

I guess we just love each other's company, so we don't really 'plan' what we're doing, we just go with the flow and have fun.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

People are scaring me now
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Don't be afraid. Your relationship is what you and your partner make it to be. Understand each other, Know each other, Talk to each other, Be Honest with each other, Have patience with each other and your relationship will be the best friendship you've ever had.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Depends what you like. My husband & I are very physical, so we did a lot of hiking & outdoor picnics. We would go for days-long bicycle trips, visit local waterfalls and gardens.

There's also visiting museums, travelling, cooking together, hobbies (we both sail, so that helped), skiing, taking courses together. Some couples like to play video games against each other.

You're really only limited by your imagination. Also, there's lovely quiet time when you both snug together & just read or watch a movie.

we do all kinds of fun stuff.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Depends what you like. My husband & I are very physical, so we did a lot of hiking & outdoor picnics. We would go for days-long bicycle trips, visit local waterfalls and gardens.

There's also visiting museums, travelling, cooking together, hobbies (we both sail, so that helped), skiing, taking courses together. Some couples like to play video games against each other.

You're really only limited by your imagination. Also, there's lovely quiet time when you both snug together & just read or watch a movie.
    You are badass Indi...

I want someone that will go on day long bike rides, hikes, have picnics, and go outdoors. I'm a loner.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you have to do what you want to attract. I have a friend met a GF while on a group kayaking trip, so it happens all the time. Sign up for stuff you enjoy, there are lots of opportunities to socialize in these settings. Most communities have local centres you can get info on these things, and if you are near a university then the options are even greater. Its not just undergrads that participate in these things. Lots of grad students, staff & faculty participate also depending on the event.

They have sex. Other than that just do wtf ever you want to do. I hate city chicks personally. Chicks that always want to go to the city. Like as if getting mugged by a fat ugly black guy sounds very appealing.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Whoa! That wasn't nice

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, you have to do what you want to attract. I have a friend met a GF while on a group kayaking trip, so it happens all the time. Sign up for stuff you enjoy, there are lots of opportunities to socialize in these settings. Most communities have local centres you can get info on these things, and if you are near a university then the options are even greater. Its not just undergrads that participate in these things. Lots of grad students, staff & faculty participate also depending on the event.
    I'm in coed soccer at school...haven't had much luck in that. Cycling is a male dominated sport and there are VERY FEW ladies my age (19). Hell, I haven't even met anyone one near my age. Think the youngest was mid 20's.

I've wanted to take up kayaking for the longest time. I've rented a couple times and absolutely loved it, but I have ZERO upper body so I suck ass at it. As for hiking, well...there isn't anything at my university. As for locally I'm not quite sure and I've done pretty much everything there is to do in my area which isn't much.

I'll run into someone eventually, no worries.

And OV I agree with most of what you said. I really am not quite fond of the inner city. Downtown LA kind of sucks imho. I was down there recently and had some drunk guy come up to me rambling on about some nonsense about me taking pictures with my camera. Something about no taking pictures, it's the first commandment or something like that, lol. Made me really uncomfortable. $2000+ camera plus a drunk guy in the city is not a good combination. Although going down there once in a blue moon just to see the sites can be fun.