+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I take his threat seriously?

Should I take his threat seriously?

There is this guy I dated on and off for 4-years. This past weekend he became irate when I told him I did not want to continue our relationship. I felt it was based on sex and after awhile he became boring--sex was all he was offering. We texted each other saying mean and hateful things--back and forward. The other day, a lady that he has been dating for four years also called me. Apparently, she went through his phone and found the text messages. She asked me questions about the relationship, and I was totally honest with her. I did not know he was dating her. She was in the process of purchasing a home with him and settling down. So she was very hurt and devastated by this. He called me yesterday and said I was trying to **** his game up and to watch my back. So apparently he is using this woman for financial security. But she informed me that she is so in love with him...so I know she will take him back. I just wished her the best and as for this asshole, should I take his threat serious?

its safer for you to take it seriously just in case. stay away from this psycho. cut contact completely and count yourself lucky that you weren't tricked by this guy like the other girl. she is a fool and he will put his future security with her above you. never contact him again for your own good. and be on the safe side and tell friends and family what he said.

its better to be over the top careful than not at all.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 10-10-08 at 03:23 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Thank you. I told a friend and my son just in case he was serious. Finding the right person is hard.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You seem sensible. Telling some friends/family is a good idea, as is staying away from this person.

And shit *will* hit the fan for his current relationship. You just want to make sure you're out of the splatter zone when it happens. Avoid him/them by breaking contact. Its not your problem.

So he sent you texts? Make sure you don't delete those. I learned in the past, don't put ANYTHING in writing you may not someone else to read or could get you into shit...

Just back off and cut all contact, you don't know him anymore.

When they're together again, maybe he would stop bothering you. You should be careful enough in everything you do.

If you can make copies of those texts that would be great. Let a close friend hang on to them.

Yeah its good ideal to take all threats seriously. Let people know.
    You might want to keep tabs on that women as well. Even though she seems like an idiot for keeping him; if ever she comes to her senses & kicks him out of her life she can be a great asset to you against him.

If you feel threaten enough report it to the police. At least be able to file a report with them.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

so you went from a cop to this guy?

you need to think about your taste in men.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.