+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what is san fransisco like?

what is san fransisco like?

any one been/live there?

what is it like?

what would you tell someone who is considering moving there?
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pretty. Expensive. Very congested, esp for driving. Narrow, hilly streets. I didn't like the downtown core. Lovely harbour & surrounds. Excellent for sailing. There are various areas you can live in, with bridges that separate, so consider carefully what will work for you based on budget & your commute.

Based on my visit, I really enjoyed it. The people were very nice, and the food was amazing. Lots of art and culture. Lovely weather, too.

The hills made it hard to walk great distances. I would definitely want a car if I lived there.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I love it. It's the one real city in California. Very expensive, though. Expect to pay a lot for living expenses. Also, prepare yourself to experience earthquakes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6d03gbmAzc"]YouTube - I Left My Heart In San Francisco[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Bring a sweater. Really.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    I love it. It's the one real city in California. Very expensive, though. Expect to pay a lot for living expenses. Also, prepare yourself to experience earthquakes.
    could you give me som examples of what you would consider expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Bring a sweater. Really.
    how comes? it can't be colder then here.

I don't know how much it costs, exactly. I only know that it is one of the most expensive American cities in the country. Try googling "san fransisco real estate". Also, I agree with Giga - it gets cold there. I was so cold when visiting there once in the summer that I actually left early and went to the wine country instead. Of course, I live in Southern California and am used to hotter weather.

The cost of living is higher (homes). Make sure you get your employer to consider the cost of living when negotiating salary.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The cost of living in SF is pretty high, whether you're trying to own a home or rent. Don't know if you can get a house (in a safe neighborhood) for under a mil. Rent can go anywhere from $1-2k/month. But that's IN the city. You can find cheaper housing a few miles out and really not be very far away at all.

It's very diverse for such a small city (small in regard to area) and there are plenty of sites to see, all of which are within 20 minutes of each other. And the people, for the most part, are pretty friendly.

However, we get about a week of summer weather a year. So, don't expect to flaunt your stuff very much. Invest in jackets and heaters. Haha.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

my bf keeps telling me not to get excited about this, but he had a job interview, and part of their requirements is 9 months in san fransisco.

i hope he gets it. it will be one hell of an experience for him.

thanks for the input guys