+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Satisfaction through Humiliation???

Satisfaction through Humiliation???

hi i have a few questions,i have a brother in law who is a pathological liar,i mean he lies all the time even if he doesnt have to,and worse he gets caught most of the time because of his inaccuracy and inconsistent details,he has lied to everyone,it doesnt matter how deep the lie is but it seems like it doesnt bother him when he gets busted on a lie,its kinda wierd but is there such a psychological basis for this?i mean is he having some kind of twisted satisfaction through the humiliation of being caught in a lie?what a low life but it seems like he loves my sister but im scared for my sister to be living with such a monster.
    "In 96 hours, Jack Bauer has killed 93 terrorists and saved the world 4 times. What the **** have you done with your life?"

Why does your sister put up with it? Doesn't SHE get embarrassed by his lies? I would.

I'd be worrying about my sister's self-esteem if I were you. He doesn't sound like he's worth the effort.

I've met a few people like that. I think it's about control, the way they get to take people for a ride at the time that gives them the satisfaction. One guy who I knew who's like that, well women liked him because he was very impulsive and emotionally in control. They couldn't get enough of him because although he lied, he was fun and never boring so they brushed the lying part off. Maybe that's part of this guy's charm as well?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I know someone like that. They do it to get attention and to make themselves sound interesting. Mishanya, you also made a good point about having fun with taking others for a ride.