+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turn girl down because she's too pretty?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Absolute perfection is too homogenous for my taste.

I'm almost actually turned off by men that are too pretty. They just have no defining character.....like a Ken doll. I imagine that is how some men see those 'perfect' women.

I've yet to meet an attractive woman that has trouble meeting men. What you'll usually find is an attractive INTELLIGENT woman having trouble meeting men. Men assume she is just another dumb tart resting on her laurels being pretty. Then when they find out she has something intelligent coming out of her mouth, they freak out and run for the hills.

I had trouble in high school of guys not seeing me as a 'geek'. I know they found me attractive, because I was and they told me so, but I was smarter than them and it freaked them out. The smart guys liked me, but were intimidated by my looks. I didn't get a bf until I was 17, and he was from another school. He liked that I had brains.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    He liked that I had brains.

Brains and boobs are an orgasmic combo

alter_ego says:

"Why do every one here assume that symmetry is what makes someone beautiful?"

b/c beautiful faces are symmetrical. In general, the more a face deviates from this symmetry the more unattractive it becomes.

miSSleepy says:

"tests have been done. Symmetrical and proportioned faces are nice...and plain. It's the 'exaggerations' of certain characteristics that make people look attractive."

what are you talking about? The most beautiful women in history had/have very symmetrical faces, and I've never heard any of them referred to as "plain." Maybe you meant to say that nothing stands out? This would make more sense b/c symmetry is defined as the harmonious agreement of parts. Nothing is suppose to look exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    miSSleepy says:

"tests have been done. Symmetrical and proportioned faces are nice...and plain. It's the 'exaggerations' of certain characteristics that make people look attractive."

what are you talking about? The most beautiful women in history had/have very symmetrical faces, and I've never heard any of them referred to as "plain." Maybe you meant to say that nothing stands out? This would make more sense b/c symmetry is defined as the harmonious agreement of parts. Nothing is suppose to look exaggerated.
    The most beautiful woman in history... is just like the most delicious meal ever cooked a relative term. The answer varies depending on who you ask.

alter_ego, I used the plural form. I didn't single out a woman like your response suggests.

Where's this "too pretty" girl?

Only fear I have of "pretty" girls is that it takes them 3 hours to get ready to go out...and when they're at home...they're just "ordinary" girls...sometimes you don't even recognise them...XD

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I like pretty girls who don't even know they are pretty
    I couldn't agree with you more.

This is how this girl seems to be, but she has a boyfriend so for now we will remain just friends and who knows what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluya View Post
    they're just "ordinary" girls..
    You make that sound like it is a bad thing.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

so...how does a girl tell that whether a guy who doesn't pursue her because he thinks she is out of his league or he is not that interested in her?

btw the girl is fairly pretty...but she is not so sure if she is that pretty..you know, make men intimidated...she is smart too...

Quote Originally Posted by celine View Post
    so...how does a girl tell that whether a guy who doesn't pursue her because he thinks she is out of his league or he is not that interested in her?

btw the girl is fairly pretty...but she is not so sure if she is that pretty..you know, make men intimidated...she is smart too...
    Depends on the guy. Some guys who have low self esteem would be intimidated, but some would not, even if the girl is way out of their league.

If a guy looks at you and is nervous talking to you...I mean you can sense from his behaviour if he likes you, but does not say anything. He enjoys talking to you and laughs with you. He seems to be in a good mood when he sees you. Gives you a compliment how what you say is the funniest or smartest thing in the world because you said that. The way he looks at you is a dead give away...if he has this "lost" look on his face, that means he likes you. I mean, you can just sense it, can't you? I can always sense it, even before he acknowledges that he likes me.

Quote Originally Posted by katya View Post
    Depends on the guy. Some guys who have low self esteem would be intimidated, but some would not, even if the girl is way out of their league.

If a guy looks at you and is nervous talking to you...I mean you can sense from his behaviour if he likes you, but does not say anything. He enjoys talking to you and laughs with you. He seems to be in a good mood when he sees you. Gives you a compliment how what you say is the funniest or smartest thing in the world because you said that. The way he looks at you is a dead give away...if he has this "lost" look on his face, that means he likes you. I mean, you can just sense it, can't you? I can always sense it, even before he acknowledges that he likes me.

what do you mean by "lost" look??

i envy you that you have such a good sense of whether a guy likes you...i am so bad and slow at this...when i realized it, it is too late...

I like guys who just put it in the most straightforward way and are very expressive...guessing can be tricky and time-consuming...

Quote Originally Posted by celine View Post
    what do you mean by "lost" look??

i envy you that you have such a good sense of whether a guy likes you...i am so bad and slow at this...when i realized it, it is too late...

I like guys who just put it in the most straightforward way and are very expressive...guessing can be tricky and time-consuming...

Me, too, to be honest with you. But a lot of guys are not like that. Many are shy and take time to approach you and ask you for a date.

By the "lost" look I meant that he seems to get surprised sort when he sees you...his mouth seems to open a bit and his eyes get wide and sort of thing. Believe me, when I was younger, I couldn't sense as well, but I had a feeling about somebody, you know? Today, I can see the signs right away. You will too, trust me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123