+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been talking to this girl online for over a month

I've been talking to this girl online for over a month

Lately, she seems to not be as interested in me as before. We talk on MSN and now I notice that she doesn't show me love as much as before(meaning sending me kisses and hugs and other things). I also send her messages and she doesn't respond to them as often anymore. She'll only respond to the important ones now. I know she loves me because she's still talking to me everyday. Maybe she's tired of me sending the same old stuff to her? What should I do to keep her more interested in me(to make her show me more love like she did before)? Any other unique romantic things I can do for her besides poems, love songs, letters that I've been sending her?

wait, is this an online/long distance relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by blackzj52 View Post
    wait, is this an online/long distance relationship?
    yeah, it is

Long Distance Relationship

I am in a long distance relationship(very long, 9 time zones away). I keep hearing that long distance relationship doesn't work. Is there anyone that has been in a sucessful long distance relationship or know someone who has been successful in a long distance relationship?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We were only ever 1 time zone away, and it sucked.

The only reason why we stayed in it (for a year?) was because we had the intent on moving closer together within a timely fashion.

We live together now and things are great.

However, it was incredibly hard despite monthly visits, then weekend visits when we moved close but not all the way.

Unless you intend on getting close sometime soon I put a lot of doubt on your relationship.

This is not advice, this is simply my observations based off my experience.

have you ever met with her in person?

for some reason, i dont see how you could love somebody after a month and a half long in a long distance relationship

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've combined both of your threads because they were similar enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    We were only ever 1 time zone away, and it sucked.

The only reason why we stayed in it (for a year?) was because we had the intent on moving closer together within a timely fashion.

We live together now and things are great.

However, it was incredibly hard despite monthly visits, then weekend visits when we moved close but not all the way.

Unless you intend on getting close sometime soon I put a lot of doubt on your relationship.

This is not advice, this is simply my observations based off my experience.
    That's good to hear.

I met this girl online for over a month now. I don't know how long it will take before I can meet her. Maybe in a couple years. Should I let her know that? She said that she'll wait for me and I trust her because I know she won't lie to me. We have trust in each other.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anything4MyLove View Post
    That's good to hear.

I met this girl online for over a month now. I don't know how long it will take before I can meet her. Maybe in a couple years. Should I let her know that? She said that she'll wait for me and I trust her because I know she won't lie to me. We have trust in each other.
    Couple of years?

I forgot to mention I knew my girlfriend extensively before the LDR. We were teammates during a 10 month service program where we got to know each other very quickly.

We went our separate ways when it was done but stayed in contact for a year, then we ended up dating for under a year, then moved closer 3 hours away, for 3 months, then moved in together after that.

What you're proposing is what I would call "ludicrous". You're smitten which is synonymous with "delusional".

Trust me on that, I had my fair share of silly on-line LDR's which all turned up fruitless.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzj52 View Post
    have you ever met with her in person?

for some reason, i dont see how you could love somebody after a month and a half long in a long distance relationship
    I do think it's possible in my case. We have really strong feelings for each other and she's not the kinda girl that plays around. Neither am I.

Couple of years?

I forgot to mention I knew my girlfriend extensively before the LDR. We were teammates during a 10 month service program where we got to know each other very quickly.

We went our separate ways when it was done but stayed in contact for a year, then we ended up dating for under a year, then moved closer 3 hours away, for 3 months, then moved in together after that.

What you're proposing is what I would call "ludicrous". You're smitten which is synonymous with "delusional".

Trust me on that, I had my fair share of silly on-line LDR's which all turned up fruitless.
    But I can't give up unless she says otherwise. She says she love me and will wait for me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anything4MyLove View Post
    But I can't give up unless she says otherwise. She says she love me and will wait for me.
    'K.

Just sayin', you'll get bored of those internet conversations real fast. So unless you plan on seeing her soon? Well, you know where I'm going with this.

I don't need to try to convince you on this, it's just a matter of letting it run it's course.

I don't mean to offend you but this is not a long distance relationship. People in actual long distance relationships do not define their relationship as online at all and is not online (although some may have both). A long distance relationship is a relationship that requires a significant travel time to visit each other....but they do visit (but the frequencies varies).

If you have not met, then it is an online relationship only. Online relationship can be with someone near or far.

I do understand that LDR can be define in may ways but the 'traditional' definition is what I stated above.

Just clarifying for everyone.

As for what is going on with her. I would not take the relationship seriously until I have seen them. Why are you guys waiting so long to met? Usually it does not work out if it stays only online for too long.
    Last edited by lesa; 14-10-08 at 11:22 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

'K.

Just sayin', you'll get bored of those internet conversations real fast. So unless you plan on seeing her soon? Well, you know where I'm going with this.

I don't need to try to convince you on this, it's just a matter of letting it run it's course.
    Okay, I'll take the chance despite it all. I've heard some successful long distance relationships like mine. I am not giving up on her because I think she really mean it. If not she would quit on me by now. I am praying for God to help us get through this and be together one day.

What I need are some things that I can do to keep this relationship going strong. Any idea?

May I ask how old are you?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast