+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1averagejoe, I'm Calling You Out

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Act as if it were nothing when around the ladies. A smidgen of confidence;

girl: "What happened to you???"

you: "Huh? Oh, you mean this? Ahh, I cut myself using a powertool. Wanna see? *pretends as if you're going to unravel the bandages*"

She'll be on her toes, and very curious. Stop right there, and go "Nahhhhh, you might faint from the sight of it. Maybe I will let you see the scar if you go out to eat with me this weekend."
    haha brilliant!

Well I went out to lunch today walked about a mile from campus. Then went to the grocery store to grab some candy...I was craving chocolate. So went to the chocolate isle that I never realized had like 50 different types of chocolate.

So I was looking at the huge selection they had there for about 30 minutes and noticed a cute girl out of the corner of my eye. She was a sorority type and older, not my type at all so I really didn't want to bother but then she was starting to look at the chocolate next to me so what the hell, it can be practice.

Me: Chocolate cravings, ha?
    Her: Ya...just a little, ha.
    Me: Ya, there's soo many different types. I've been here for 10 minutes trying to figure out what to grab. Any recommendations?
    Her: I really like Dove, haha.
    Me: I'll have to try some then, thanks.

I'm sure I could have taken the conversation a bit further. But really didn't see any reason in pursuing it. Because:
    1. She was out of my league.
    2. Sorority type, not my thing.
    3. She was older.

It's a start. How about that?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's a good start

Do you guys think 1aj should approach girls ON campus or off? And ones he will likely see again in his daily routines?

I like to start off with a smile and see the reaction. You can see by the look that someone wouldn't be freaked out by an approach.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    It's a good start

Do you guys think 1aj should approach girls ON campus or off? And ones he will likely see again in his daily routines?
    That's a good question. Personally I'd prefer to keep it off campus. I tend to see the same people quite frequently. It's not a small campus, but it's definitely not the largest.

Luckily I haven't seen my ex in a long time. lol

1averagejoe, congrats for your first approach. Don't say that she was out of your league. With that kind of self-defeating mindset, you are already taking yourself out of the game before it has even begun. I've been with older women who owned houses and drove expensive cars while I was living with my parents and broke as a college student. Why? B/c I was confident enough that none of that mattered about me. If you are secure with yourself, then girls will pick up on that and be drawn to you.

By the way, you should start a new thread and post your first approach there. You deserve your own thread.

Makes sense...lol.

But still not into the sorority type. Never have, doubt I will be. I prefer something a little more natural.

As for starting another thread. I think I'd like to just use this thread. I'm a lazy ass and don't really feel like making another thread. Oh ya, and good news...my midterm that was supposed to be today was canceled and moved two weeks from tomorrow. Kind of sucks because I spent about 6 hours in the library today studying.

Off to study for my other midterm that is tomorrow.

No midterm talk in here.

Only women talk.

I had an opportunity...and I didn't take it. I feel like a complete idiot.

Well I had a 6 hour break between classes so I went on a nice ride for a few hours. Got back, cleaned up, changed out of my tight fitting clothing, road my bike down to the grocery store, ate lunch. Then I left to go back to school, on the way back in the turning lane to make a left onto campus there was a girl about my age on a bike, a VERY nice bike at that. Me being the idiot looked over and saw her bike and didn't really notice her because it's soo automatic for me to not really take too much notice to others because women are a rare thing and I was exhausted.

I could have asked her if she was interested in a cycling club through school which I'm working with a few people to start at school, Ironically I was actually riding to the meeting that moment. Or I could have talked to her about her bike. It was the perfect set up...I feel like I missed a perfect opportunity. Blah...

Last edited by 1averagejoe; 28-10-08 at 08:00 AM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    1averagejoe, congrats for your first approach. Don't say that she was out of your league.
    Just wanted to jump in & agree w/Neo on this, 1AJ.

Honestly, a lot of women nowadays aren't so enamoured with finding their 'equal' anyway. What I mean by that is simply that high-powered types come w/their own baggage of a sort. If I were to ever get a second go, I think I'd pick a nice garbageman or tradesperson.

1averagejoe, you had nothing to lose and everything to gain by striking up a conversation with her. What's the worst that could have happened? You two become acquainted with each other? The horror! Learn from this experience and don't make the same mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    1averagejoe, you had nothing to lose and everything to gain by striking up a conversation with her. What's the worst that could have happened? You two become acquainted with each other? The horror! Learn from this experience and don't make the same mistake again.
    I KNOW!!! I was exhausted and not thinking...I actually would have if I was thinking straight, which is why I'm beating my head against the wall right now. It was the perfect situation.

It's good that you experienced this loss.

Now you know how rare opportunities are and much it sucks when you just let them slip, you surely won't let the next one escape.

Always stay sharp, opportunities come anywhere and everywhere but they don't come often.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think I might start exposing myself to women. I'll start an Expose Log.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    I think I might start exposing myself to women. I'll start an Expose Log.
    You can start here, CB. That ought to get your numbers up pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast