+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you delete your ex on facebook?

It will probably do me more harm than good, especially as I would be able to see his new little dog-face-boyfriend-stealing-whores page!! LOL xx If I did snoop I would probably upset myself with his status's and their to-ing and thro-ing of messages....pft

Revenge will come, just biding my time
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

Well, you know the best revenge is that you can move on and never see him again while he is stuck being his sleazy, cheating self for the rest of his life.
    Spammer Spanker

Spot on x Thanks Gigabitch, probably the best word of wisdom yet xx And, he'll be stuck with dog-face for the forceeable...and, she'll be stuck with him and his obsessive, greeneyed, lazy, selfish, self-obsessed, inconsiderate ways...and when he's bored, he'll do the same to her....mwahahahaaha

Bitter much?
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

I have an idea. You should anonymously send him some doggie treats for his new squeeze.
    Spammer Spanker

To keep it simple and short, yes you do so you can move on and forget everything so nothing holds you back.

yumimami Guest

Delete the misery

Hiya, I would have to agree with the 'delete' advice. At least delete him for now until you have moved on fully, you could always re-add but make sure its for the right reason not to be a 'stalker' or to crave his contact. Otherwise in the meantime you are just giving yourself access to misery! My EX-husband and I have 2 kids and after I left him he constantly tried to add me but I had to weigh it up and just ignore it because I knew he wasn't over me (not conceited just sadly is the truth becos he has told me this) and me being married again I don't want to compromise my new life and emotional security of my new husband plus it would just be creepy as I know my ex would spy. He stills sees the kids which is fine and I contact him only on that basis and nothing else - he does NOT need to see our intimate family photos and holiday snaps!! Sorri for the long post and all the best =)

Oh man. I had a bf that cheated on me in cali. I moved to WA not long afterward and it hurt so much to see him and his new skank gf in pictures together so soon afterward, and all my old friends going out with him in pics, them all having a great time. Everytime I went on that website I felt like crap.

I was reluctant to close my account because I didn't have friends at the new location but I said F-it. If people were my TRUE friends and want to contact me then they can F-ing FIND me, my email never changes. So I closed it and I felt Soooooo much better. One of about five friends stayed in constant contact with me. It has been two years and two more friends have tried to contact me. It feels good when they come to you. Ive been on myspace about three times in the last 2 years to check if anyone got knocked up or married but I usually still get a kindve crappy feeling when I go on so I avoid it. IF it makes you feel like shit then toss it out of your life!!

I did, not to cause her hurt, or to ignore her, but so I could stop obsessing and causing more problems for her and myself.

Facebook does terrible things to people
    I've been having these weird thoughts lately...Like....is any of this real or not?

I wouldn't collect ex's as friends, because, well, given that you were once together, I don't think you can go back to being friends.

If you break up with someone, delete them. After all, the next person that comes along, they might not fancy you having a list of people you were engaged to, lived with, or had sex with - for some reason.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you should just delete your account entirely:

[url=http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100514/facebook-delete-100514/20100514?hub=]Some Facebook users quit over privacy concerns - CTV News[/url]

I deleted all of the pics of my ex and I and deleted her off my friends. We dated for a year and some odd weeks, had millions of amazing memories, and I think I did it to hurt her a little. She has her profile set so anyone can see it, I check every now and then which is a terrible idea, because she is just a different person now. I think one of the saddest things in the world is when someone changes from that person you gave your heart to, to some girl you wouldn't even be able to recognize anymore. Whatever you can do to not remind yourself of all those great times you shared, do it, it helped me. This includes stuffed animals, letters, if they gave it to you, put it somewhere you rarely go, my place was the corner of my closet. I'm thinking about taking this cute little panda she got me to the woods and paintballing it up for some laughs =P

Block your ex on Facebook. In my opinion there is never a reason to stay friends with an ex.

I just officially broke up with my wife (we've been separated for two weeks). I told her that I would be removing her (and her family members and her close friends) from my facebook account so I can let this fresh wound heal over a bit. I feel better that I told her about it before just hitting "remove". I think it's going to help me get closure and move on with my life.

I think deleting your ex from Facebook is even more important than deleting their phone number, because a Facebook page tells you everything about someone. Can be very counter-productive to see all that when you are trying to let go and there is nothing worse than checking Facebook on a morning and seeing their status update or whatever. So yeah I would definitely delete your ex from Facebook so you can browse it without worrying about seeing their picture or what they are upto.

I didn't delete my ex, or any of my exes for that matter on facebook or otherwise. I check my recent exes facebook just to make sure she's OK and moving on. I don't want to get back with her, I know that now. I do want to be friends with her again some day, but I'm wanting to wait like a year. We said we'd reconnect in a month or so to see where we were at, but I only needed a few days of no contact to realize how suppressive the relationship was. I now realize she was more of a best friend for the last year rather than a love interest. We were co-dependent and comfortable with eachother (and committed by ring), not in love for the last year or so. So it's ok for me, the passion was gone and I've already accepted she's boning other guys, I mean, seeing the e-mail she sent offering herself up to another guy pretty much hurt me more than reading random messages from her new men will. If it becomes a problem I'll just turn off updates from her.

Though it depends on the person. A certain somebody that I know didn't delete her ex from facebook and that's how they reconnected and eventually got together.

If you are asking if you need to, you probably do. Some people do, others don't. I mean, the guy she left me for sent her texts sometimes daily sometimes with a month in between or so for SIX years after they had broken up. She ignored them up until 2 weeks ago when I think she saw it as a easy way out of our engagement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast