+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you delete your ex on facebook?

Do you delete your ex on facebook?

everytime I checked his profile, it's just so hurt. hard for me to get over. I want to delete actually. totally remove from my life. but i just feel that totally lose this person from my life is ..sad! what should i do??

It hurts more to hold on. I suggest you delete him. I guarantee it'll b more relieving than constantly going on and checking up on him. When my ex was on my messenger, he always had these screennames that I think was put up to hurt me, and trust me it worked. So I deleted him off my list, and right after, I felt somewhat relieved.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I removed my ex from my messengers, but I didn't block her. She can still talk to me if she wants, but I don't feel like speaking to her anymore. As for facebook, I didn't remove her. I just asked my news feed to give less about my ex anytime something appeared about it. Also, even if she was a terrible girlfriend, I just found out she checks up on me from time to time on facebook, so I know in a sense she still cares for me as a friend.

If anything, you could just trying deactivating your facebook.

A couple years back, I deleted my ex Not because I didn't want to see her updates (I would still check her profile about once a week from the account of a mutual friend who, begrudgingly, allowed me my weekly, stalker-esque acts of immaturity) but because I knew it would hurt her. She had hurt me so badly, I stooped to petty lows just to try and even the score.

After a few months, I realized her life was moving forward, while I was still hurting over every message from guys about hanging out and getting drunk and all that, and I stopped checking. Pretty soon after TRULY breaking contact, I started to move on and become much MUCH happier.

Really, I would suggest deleting him, and doing everything you can to prevent yourself from finding out details about his life. Once you've truly moved on, and have found happiness and comfortability within yourself, you can always re-friend him and tell him you just needed some time and space. No one ever looks down upon that! Best of luck!

If I want to get over someone...I will cut all contact. For my last ex, I've blocked and deleted him off msn. Cutting off all lines of communication is the key in controlling the temptation. But it sucks if your ex goes to the same campus because they might end up having the same classes and bumping into you all the time. Just ignore him.

yeah I did. Then she blocked me.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I deleted my ex off facebook. I figured still having him listed as a 'friend' was probably pissing off my fiance, who hates him.

Then I messaged him and told him not to call me anymore.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yeah delete him off facebook it'll make your life a whole lot better to break all contact with him. If you bump into him just give a smile have a chat but don't get too involved.

I mean who knows what would happen in a few months lol everytime I think I've got something set in stone it always turns out it isn't! haha and here I've added her back on facebook as friends. Though I've trained myself to skim over any of her new statuses or messages for now
    Last edited by snoz; 28-10-08 at 02:31 PM.

i didnt delete my ex on facebook. i have no contact with him whatsoever, but he truly hates me. im one of those people who like to be friends with their exs because i think its so stupid to lose a dear one because a relationship went bad. though i dont like him anymore, i still have that longing to be friends again

You can't be friends with your ex 90% of the time. The only way it works is if your relationship ended because you just didn't click together as a couple and both kind of said, "Nah" to each other. It sounds like you had a passionate thing with this one, and therefore you MUST delete him in order to move on with your life.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah, because I don't get my ex he still wants to talk to me like nothing's wrong and asks me what i'm doing, wanting to hang out. He even had the nerve to ask me if i'm seeing other people right now! and we got into a huge fight from talking about that kind of stuff. It's realy annoying. It's the only way to get over him. Be strong.

I deactivated my Facebook yesterday, so i can't check up on him - cos I know I will...! Least that way, when I'm ready to face the 'world' again, all my photos etc will still be there, & won't have to readd everyone. If that seems to drastic, delete him.

Trouble I have is, I know his Facebook password. I've not been into his account, although I could if I wanted to....he uses the same password for everything. GAH. If I tell him to change it (which i can't because we are on NC), he would get mad & think I've been spying on him even though I haven't!! :s
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_twilight View Post
    Trouble I have is, I know his Facebook password. I've not been into his account, although I could if I wanted to....he uses the same password for everything. GAH. If I tell him to change it (which i can't because we are on NC), he would get mad & think I've been spying on him even though I haven't!! :s
    If the dumbass doesn't have the sense to change all of his passwords after a big breakup, he deserves to be spied on.

Rule # 46: ALWAYS change ALL of your passwords, bank card PINs, etc. when you break up with someone who even MIGHT have had access to them. It's just good sense.
    Spammer Spanker

So am I allowed your permission to go spy hehe xx

He is a dumbarse, he cheated on me & thought he'd get away with it! I changed all of mine for good measure as our PC used to automatically store passwords...its the done thing isn't it! x

I do get the odd temptation to change his status to something realllll mean!
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anon

As long as you're not doing him any bodily harm, go ahead. I would (Note the fact that i am a great big bitch to the power of nine).
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast