+ Follow This Topic

Thread: on-line dating..why does he not contact me?

on-line dating..why does he not contact me?

so we chatted on the plentyoffish (on-line dating website) and then we met for coffee..

I felt it went well...we laughed and had good conversations... he said I looked no difference from my photos...( my photos have pretty high ratings)...

I ended the date after around 1h..

then at the end, he said: maybe we can see each other again or chat on line... i said: i would like to...

but he hasn't contacted me since then..the date was on Wednesday evening...I couldn't figure out what went wrong? any ideas???

thanks!!

I'd give him another day before you completely write him off, but maybe he just didn't feel a spark. I'm sure that if he's not interested, it's not anything you did wrong.

I had a couple of dates like this a few years ago when I was doing online dating. I didn't take it personally when it happened. I'm have no pretenses that I'm everyone's type, just as not every guy is my type. Sometimes it's potluck.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I'd give him another day before you completely write him off, but maybe he just didn't feel a spark. I'm sure that if he's not interested, it's not anything you did wrong.

I had a couple of dates like this a few years ago when I was doing online dating. I didn't take it personally when it happened. I'm have no pretenses that I'm everyone's type, just as not every guy is my type. Sometimes it's potluck.
    but why would he say " maybe we could see each other again or chat on line" and when I say" i would like to", he seems relieved...

and he also said that feeling can grow over time even if at first you may have no strong feelings for that person...

so he is just being nice or something??

Quote Originally Posted by celine View Post
    so he is just being nice or something??
    Could be, yes. Not many people are blunt enough to say, "This didn't work out" to a girl's face.

I dunno. Let's see what some of the guys have to say.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Maybe he hasn't been able to get on the computer for a while. He may have meant what he said.

Don't jump to conclusions that he was lying. You never know.
    We're not all that bad you know

Tedel Guest
    As I see it, he found you "nice", or he might think you're "too pretty" for him or a number of other things. Anyway, I think the clue words are these:

maybe we can see each other again or chat on line

When a man is interested, he doesn't mention chat as an option... often.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've dated quite a few guys online. I found that once the word 'maybe' is thrown in there, is usually means that they're not sure if they really want to get together again or not. The most common responses I got from people wanting (for sure) another date would say: "We should do this again" or "I'd like to see you again, I'll call you this week." Those are COMMITTED responses.

However, I wouldn't write this guy off completely. Some guys like to play it cool and wait awhile so they don't look 'desperate'.

The other thing is, a lot of people on these dating sites are going out on dates with a few other people, and although they may get along with a few of them well, they tend to narrow it down to one or two to keep it simple (I did this). You may have got along well, but there may be the possibility that he got along with someone else just a little better than you.

Don't be hard on yourself over it. Online dating is a picky thing. You've usually got to go out with a few people before you REALLY meet someone worth your time.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi