+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I just watched 2 houses burn...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I just watched 2 houses burn...

A block away from our place.

One had had a fire recently this past week.

Rumors, that someone lit that bitch up with a gas can.

We smelled smoke and heard the sirens, and my roommate said there was a fire.

We walked down and while the one house was already gone, the blaze itself was 2 stories high.

The firefighters were trying to put it out while trying to wet down the house to the left of it (they saved the house on the right and occupied it to spray water from the 2nd floor). Unfortunately, that house lit on the roof, and that mutha burned. It didn't burn down, but it was definitely lit on the inside, and they were sprayin' it down for a good 15 minutes before we left.

I don't believe anyone was hurt.

There's so much smoke that it's smoky even in here because my roommate left the door open.

And no...I didn't take any pictures.

I'm sure this'll be in the news and I'll post pics if they show up.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My friend's house burned down earlier this year. It's so devastating for the families.

I'm glad no one was hurt.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

that is rough.

those fires in california are just crazy i can't believe it.

here where i'm from that's the most likely and most feared natural disaster.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, the fire that burned my friend's house was accidentally started by her daughter (candles near curtains are a bad idea), but yes! The wildfires are out of control here! We live in a little valley surrounded by mountains, and sometimes we are entirely surrounded by fire. We'll probably all end up with some nasty lung disease. I know NM gets the fire season, too. Ours is just starting... how about over there? Are you burning yet?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

our fire season starts about july. it's getting pretty cold and it's gonna start raining and snowing on the mountains here soon.

but the fire season wasn't so bad this year. people are becoming very vigilent about it and realizing how easy it is to start one and how devastating it is.

how did they figure those fires in california started? around here it's usually people lighting fireworks in the forest on the fourth of july.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Our fire season comes with the Santa Ana winds. A lot of the fires are started on purpose, but some (like the one last week) are caused when the winds blow down power lines.

wow. i can't even imagine how polluted the air must be. we can even see it from nm.