+ Follow This Topic

Thread: halloween week end - advice plz

halloween week end - advice plz

Alright, so here is the deal. About a yr and a half ago i started liking a friend who i had known for 2 yrs or so in high school (and i started liking her yr after we got out of HS) however wasn't really all that close to her until we were in the same program in pre-uni. She didn't think she felt the same way about me and we also knew 2 couples (all 4 mutual friends) who had gone out after being friends and ended with ugly break ups. Because of this she wanted to play it safe, ie not wiling to take a chance on anyone and lose a good friend, especially if she wasn't quite feeling it.

So after maybe 8-10 months of me liking her, on and off, mostly on and getting rly down on myself, i emerged at the end of last spring, finally, with my head up and over her. We hung out on a pretty regular basis during those times and still do till today since we got the same group of friends. Recently however i find myself thinking about her a little more.. sort of discomferting. Not that i think i have feelings like i did before.. but I just can't help noticing her. She's just a great all person, personality wise, smart, attractive (although she was very quiet/shy in high school and up until recently id say, so she hasn't been involved with any real relationships or anything). She has just been kind of overlooked for a bit i guess and i can't figure out why people don't act on it now, lol its beyond me.

I find myself just thinking about her and those qualities, and although like i said i don't have the same feelings as i did earlier i am worried. Next weekend for halloween we and 4 other friends are going up to join 2 others at another university for halloween parties. Place is a pretty big party school around these parts and there will def be random hook ups available left right and center. As I find myself thinking about her more do I just got to go with the flow and play the field of many girls whom ill probably not see again, or if i do will i find myself regretting what i am doing or just end up with one random girl, thinking of my friend? Its not like anything will happen between us anyways(which at the time when i told her i liked her that yr + ago, she said won't happen because she didnt wanna mess anything up).

I guess i am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Will getting with someone else help ease my mind from this friend, or will i just be thinking of being with her while there is a total stranger in front of me...
    Last edited by all alone; 25-10-08 at 03:07 PM.

bump?.. maybe?.. lol

I don't think you have to go out there and sleep with the first girl you see, but it sounds like it would be good for you to meet other girls. Why not just go to the party, have fun, and just get phone numbers for later?

You probably should be trying to move on from these feelings for your friend, especially if your feelings were unrequited. Going out and meeting new people is one of the best ways to get over a crush. Have fun!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin