+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are a drunk girl's words a sober girl's thoughts?

Are a drunk girl's words a sober girl's thoughts?

I was at a friend's party a few weeks ago and saw a girl who I had met a couple times. She's a cute flirty girl who goes to parties pretty often. She saw me when she walked in an came up and gave me a hug. We talked for a little bit, her face seemed slightly close most of the time. She asked why I hadn't been at her party the weekend before and when I talked about a funny TV show that I watched, she said she never really watched it but "if we watched it together sometime maybe she would get it." She asked if I was going to vote for her for homecoming queen and I jokingly said I would if there wasn't anyone else I knew running then I would. She acted like she was mad and said "you can make it up to me by giving me a kiss on the cheek". She seemed pretty sober while I was talking to her, but told me she had chugged a bottle of wine earlier. My friends had to leave soon after so I ended up heading on back with them. Anyway, are a drunk girl's words a sober girl's thoughts? Was she generally showing an interest or just being a drunk girl? She seemed maybe slightly tipsy at best and was able to hold a perfectly coherent conversation with me, but I dunno, l looks may have been deceiving.

It's hard to judge and seems to very from girl to girl. I know girls that can drink and just become flirts and totally unlike their normal selves when drunk or tipsy or whatever. Sometimes it shows what they truly want or think, other times, they are just drunk. I think the best wasy to look at it is, do you like her? Play it cool and take it slow. It seemed like she was expressing some sort of an interest in you. But don't think too much into it. Try and hang out with her. If she agrees, go out and have some fun. If she doesn't, then no sweat off your back, it could've been the alcohol.

Citycat, she could have (and most likely was) lying about how much she had to drink. I know plenty of girls who think that guys will think they're cool if they can "hang." I've always found it dumb and immature. But, girls use it as an excuse to flirt and be more outgoing and if anyone questions it, they have the safety net of being drunk. I don't know if that's right or wrong, but those are just my thoughts on the situations and what I've seen in my own experience.

she probably has a crush on you and got the courage to flirt cause she was drunk. ask her on a date or something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

unless a person is totally obliterated, I think STRONGLY that the things you do while drunk are not different to your real self. However, the sober self has inhibitions. That's the only difference.

I have never done anything drunk I have not contemplated doing while sober.

I think that inebriation seriously impairs a person's judgement and causes much more impulsivity, so I wouldn't recommend taking anything a drunk person says that seriously.

But what does it matter anyway? You really don't have anything to lose by asking her out, right?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Tedel Guest
    In one word, yes.
    Take this from a former bartender with expertise in the field.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like to think of alcohol as like a sort of computer virus that hacks into my brain and releases all my private files that would normally be protected.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    In one word, yes.
    Take this from a former bartender with expertise in the field.
    thats a pretty reliable source.. im going to take note of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I like to think of alcohol as like a sort of computer virus that hacks into my brain and releases all my private files that would normally be protected.
    I think of alcohol as what gives me that little confidence boost and let's me out of my shell. I'm much more extroverted (sp?) after I've had a few.

^^^Exactly. People react totally different ways to alcohol. Some people can remain pretty lucid and others become sloppy, wet messes.

Different kinds of alcohol can have different kinds of effects on behavior, too. One of my friends swears that white wine makes her fight with her husband. She said she examined all the nights she and her husband got into heated arguments and realized that most of the time she had been drinking white wine. So she switched to red no more fights. Weird, isn't it?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    ^^^Exactly. People react totally different ways to alcohol. Some people can remain pretty lucid and others become sloppy, wet messes.

Different kinds of alcohol can have different kinds of effects on behavior, too. One of my friends swears that white wine makes her fight with her husband. She said she examined all the nights she and her husband got into heated arguments and realized that most of the time she had been drinking white wine. So she switched to red no more fights. Weird, isn't it?
    I agree. Liquor makes me much more outgoing and flirtatious than beer.

A drunk mans words are not a sober man's thoughts so it's probably the same for girls. alcohol makes u stupid

well i do find that the truth comes out a lot when drunk. my dad had this trick up his sleeve when we were younger, he would bring us (me or my brothers....whoever was up to something) to the pub and stay quiet until the info would come............ my brothers and i, we still fall for it to this day! just a friendly drink....my eye hahah, so ye the truth shall come out. if blind drunk tho .......anything can come out in fairness.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I like to think you are being honest when you're drunk but then you've also given yourself a sense of tunnel vision, depending just how drunk you are.

I say you're too honest when you're drunk to the point you don't really care about consequences or even have an after thought about what you're about to say. I think that's the part when people say being drunk makes you do stupid things. You knew it was stupid being sober but your judgment goes out the window when you're drunk.

I agree, as a bartender the short answer is yes. But I have seen regulars and they always say 'god, did I really do that on this night' for better or worse.

Funny thing about how different alcohol makes you do different things Beer puts me in a chilling mood, Bourbon gets me a bit raunchy haha and red wine makes me go psycho!

thats why i drink with people that i either know alot or dont know at all. but nothing in between

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast