I think that there is difference between romantic love and love. To some extent, romantic love is impulsive love or hot love. Romantic love is not essential to marriage. In other words, marriage needs more than romantic love. Generally, romantic love has a short life. Hot love, hasty vengeance.

And love or true love or real love is different. True love is forever. Love and happiness are the scents from the soul. Love, should surmount the length, width of soul, depth of soul of the life.
There are two sorts of constancy in love ; the one comes from the constant discovery in our beloved of new grounds for love ,and the other comes from making it a point of honor to be constant.

I don’t think Ping’s behavior (s) were purely alturistic acts. She could get the happiness and satisfaction while in the process of loving her husband. Her love has been returned.

The main characters in the novel “true love” are all based on real individuals. They touch me so much. I love to share this moving story with others.