Part 1: Hello im just looking for some advice on what I guess would be considered a LDR even though we aren’t too far away from each other.

I met this girl in the middle of May this year before she went away to school. Im 25 and she’s 18. Her parents are cool with me her friends like me a lot. We’re over the age difference haha. Anyways It started out as a “just for the summer” type of relationship but as time went on our feelings grew for each other. We realized we loved each other and decided to try and continue the relationship while she went to school.

She goes to school in NYC which is a short train ride away from the area where we met. For the past 2 months she’s been in school I have been going down to see her and spending the night in her dorm on Saturdays. She also comes home some weekends as well. So it’s been going very well. Better than I expected.

We’ve been seeing each other for about 5-6 months now 2 of which she’s been at school. We just had a conversation about a little thing about me that has been annoying her a little lately. I would text her like once or twice a day just to say hi. She told me she knew I was just trying to be nice but it got a little repetitive and annoying. Im kind of glad she brought this up because to be honest it felt unnatural to text her everyday and I was only doing it because I thought she wanted me to. (I thought she wanted me to because a few weeks back if I didn’t text her for a day she’d ask me what was up. Like it was unusual I didn’t text her that day. So from then on I kept it up). We used to text and talk all the time but she said her heart just isn’t in it anymore. She’s assured me that she doesn’t love me any less, just the texting every day like we used to do doesn’t need to happen anymore.

Ok now here is why im asking for opinions/advice. This 5-6 month long relationship is the longest legitimate relationship iv been in. I know the beginning is always great because its new and exciting. I also know that after a few months that eventually dies down and we both said to each other we are aware of this. My problem is this: Iv never been in this part of the relationship before haha. So how natural is this? How should I handle it? Should I just give her some space? Only text her if I have something to say besides hi? I know different girls need different amounts of space/time so I just need some help with judgment. I’m picky about my girls but I love this one very much and I don’t want to mess it up. Any advice would be helpful….the next paragraph is more complicated.

Part 2: Ok so I told you about that girl. I need more advice on something but this is a lot harder than the issue I first presented. Our relationship is so complex yet so simple at the same time. I’ll break it down for you: She doesn’t call me her boyfriend. Like we aren’t boyfriend and girlfriend…but we are. All the rules and things in a bf/gf relationship are there except the status or the title. That’s it. That’s the only thing missing really. We don’t see other people, we tell each other we love each other and care for each other. Only thing missing is the title. The only reason she gave me for this is if we decide to make it “official” she thinks the relationship is going to be forced into being super serious (by super serious I mean become a lot more intimate with each other). Iv repeatedly told her I wouldn’t think of our relationship as more serious but she is still not comfortable with having that title. She’s an extremely very well behaved girl, still a virgin. She’s not religious either. To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if she hasn’t been touched at all down there. It doesn’t bother me a whole lot because the important thing is that we love each other in my opinion. But everyone else iv talked to about this think its really weird and can’t shed any light on it. If anyone has advice or questions please feel free to ask. Sorry about the length and I appreciate your time!