+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Can we be friends?"

"Can we be friends?"

Just wanted a guy's opinion on this. Is it possible to have a completely platonic friendship with the opposite sex, or will there always be that small flame of desire somewhere in the back of your mind? Will someone eventually fall for the other?

Is it appropriate to 'hang out as friends' with the opposite sex, say like going out for drinks, or somewhere in a public setting?

Where do you draw the line between an intimate, non-physical affair and friendship?

iv never been one to think that is possible. i think therewill always be something there.
    but what the hell, go for it, you could end up being in a great relationship cuz ull be so closewith the person. people are afraid of this happening and dont allow it to happen or progress. for what reason, idk. it could become something sweet.
    [url]http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/GoldenGreek75/[/url]
    ^my pride and joy^

Yeah I have a couple of those right now. There's no desire to get together with them, but they are really good friends.

I have lots of really good friends who are of the opposite sex, infact most of them are. But there is nothing more between us than just being good friends.

I think if there is some sort of attraction most probably physical and provided you're both single, no you can't be bestfriends. Other than that sure, I guess it depends on the basis of your friendship in the first place.

yes its easily possible..my best friend is female , nearly everyone thinks we're together or will be at some time in the future , even our friends who known ages,,perhaps because we're so close , but the thought of being together makes us both cringe. I really dont agree that two people of the opposite sex ever have to be more than very close friends
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

personally i dont know, my best friend was a girl and we were best mates for 3 years and now we are dating and still are best friends its an individual thing. other members have posted that they have several people of the opposite sex of whom they are great friends with so it depends if anything was meant to happen or not i guess. dont be afraid to pursue a friendship with that thought in mind though, go for it and you could make a great friend for life

I think it depends on the person..

Me, personally, the only females that I am actually REAL friends with, are 1's I am not physically attracted to..
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/to0c0ol"]Myspace![/URL]