+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lack of common sense or....

Lack of common sense or....

Hi this is my first post here,

I would like to know the opinion of u guys, is it normal for your gf to be late all the time? is it normal for them to argue with you and refuse to apologize when u tell them they are late?

In my case, its always the same, she would claim that she already tried her best. When i bring up the question of why couldnt she call to inform if she's late....and she'll bring up topic like i dont know how to care for her feelings....

Do any of u out there face this common sense issue?
    How do u handle it?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think chronic tardiness demonstrates a lack of respect for other people's time.

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for her. If she's more than 5 minutes late, leave without her. If you can do this a couple of times, I bet she starts respecting your time more. Be consistent.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I have waited up to 8 hours before to spend time with my ex. She lived on campus and on that day, she gave me the okay to come to campus. I thought I'd be able to see her inbetween her plans, but she always took longer, but I usually expected it. It does get ridiculous though since she didn't even call me during those 8 hours to give me a clue as to whether or not it would take even longer for her plans so that it could give me an idea of whether or not I should have left and reschedule for another time. I spent the time hanging out at another friend's apartment, but I was mostly there for her. I'm a real patient guy, but communication would definately cure any sort of frustration for me if I'm waiting on someone late.

Yes I don't know how I managed to wait 8 hours, but don't you do that to yourself. I myself, if my girlfriend were to be late, would not mind waiting at all if I got a call from her saying that she'd be late. But yes, if it keeps happening, it's ridiculous. I'm sure though there's more to her than just this. If this keeps up... what you could try to do is schedule something earlier based on the estimation of how late she will be.

Personally I think that it is reasonable to expect people to treat you the way you treat people. In this case if you are punctual you have every right to demand punctuality from your girlfriend, if she thinks it's no big deal to make you wait its just disrespectful.