+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haven't been to the gym and can't stop eating

Haven't been to the gym and can't stop eating

Truth is I have not been to the gym in about 2 weeks - lots going on and I let it take me away. Usually go atleast 5x a week. I feel the weight on ( 3 lbs maybe) and I feel disgusting but I am craving sweets and don't care to watch what I eat. I am usually so good with it and don't have cravings but when I dont exercise I can't control cravings. I am about to go get a muffin from the kitchen right now. See?????

Why can't I fight the cravingsssss????

You say there's a lot going on, so stress probably has something to do with it. You've stopped going o the gym, which has lessened your motivation to watch what you eat. Basically, your eating has gained momentum and it's hard to stop now because you're thinking "what's the point, i've stopped going to the gym and I now have nothing better to do".
    It happens to me, but never more than a week.
    MAKE time to go to the gym.

I kno I was actually going to try to go tonight but I want my muffin lol

When I'm stressed I have a tendency to work out more...but also eat a lot more. So it kind of balances itself out.

The only thing you can do is force yourself. What we say isn't going to really motivate you. Except that you will get fat and maybe sick.

When I broke up with my ex I started going to the gym everyday and ran all the time. It's what kept me from going crazy. I got tired of it and running wasn't working because I have compartment syndrome in my right calve. So I took my dad's old bike, and went on a ride for a few miles. Been hooked ever since.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 02-11-08 at 09:59 AM.

Yeh sometimes I stop going for 2 weeks and then get back. I get results very quickly so within a week im back

This is one of the reasons why Im skeptical towards working out seriously and trying to bulk up too much. If I end up being too busy to work out and keep up the eating habits, well, there it goes. Just not convinced that it's worth it for superficial purposes, and have yet to have much need of more strength, agility keeps things up.
    Last edited by Lipp; 02-11-08 at 04:57 PM.

sometimes its good to have a break and do/eat things you wouldnt normally. im striving to be a competitive bodybuilder and my eating habits and gym schedule are strict as hell, but every 4-5 months i need a break for a week or two. sometimes your body just needs it

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe you're pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    This is one of the reasons why Im skeptical towards working out seriously and trying to bulk up too much. If I end up being too busy to work out and keep up the eating habits, well, there it goes. Just not convinced that it's worth it for superficial purposes, and have yet to have much need of more strength, agility keeps things up.
    But when you exercise its not just about results - its about how you feel. I instantly feel great after a hard workout. I have more energy to get through the day and it does make you eat differently and of course you see results. LIke someone else said above - once you stop going you just fall into bad habits and I think its bc you feel so different inside. I am on my way back to the gym later today. cant wait.

Pretty lame excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla80 View Post
    Pretty lame excuse.
    Convince me otherwise then, maybe Im just fortunate to not live in a place with the requirement that girls have to look like a mixture of supermodel-skanks, and guys must be jocks who have the gym as their second home.

You live longer?

Beans just said, it gives you more energy, improves confidence, and there is no negative to being in good physical shape. Working out and exercising improves not only your physical health but mental health as well.

What if a zombie outbreak occured man? I know I'd want to be in the peak physical condition to SURVIVE

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla80 View Post
    You live longer?

Beans just said, it gives you more energy, improves confidence, and there is no negative to being in good physical shape. Working out and exercising improves not only your physical health but mental health as well.

What if a zombie outbreak occured man? I know I'd want to be in the peak physical condition to SURVIVE
    What if they were slow zombies?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Well, Starbuck, zombies never tire. They just persist until their muscles are completely deteriorated.

Which is exactly why you need to be in peak physical condition.

Convince me otherwise then, maybe Im just fortunate to not live in a place with the requirement that girls have to look like a mixture of supermodel-skanks, and guys must be jocks who have the gym as their second home.
    You live in a place that doesn't have supermodel skanks and guys that look like jocks that are only allowed to **** eachother?

Where exactly is this and how do I get there.

Besides the point...I've got my bike and I'll outride those zombies! Unless the zombie was originally a professional cyclist, then I'm screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast