+ Follow This Topic

Thread: hello

hello

Hi all,
    My name is Erica. I am a new member here and would like say hello to you all.

I would like to share my story with you and would like to hear your suggestions.

I dated my boyfriend for a year and half. Things were unstable first - He tried to break up twice around last Christimas, but we made up. He expressed that he was serious about us and would like us to work out. The relationship became "better" and we even met each other's family. Sometime ago, I mentioned next steps in the relationship. He said he would think about it. When we first met, he knew that I would like to have a family within the next a couple years. Meanwhile, things continued to seem "fine" between us.

A few days ago, before we were about to meet to have a weekend together, he emailed me: because of the crisis and job insecurity, there is no way he wants to have a family within the next few years and believed that I would like to move on. He said he was too shamed at not being able to make me happy and to look me in the eye. I tried to call him, but his phone was off. I emailed him and asked him to call me back to talk. He never did. He disappeared from my life just like that. It was in shock and still am. I had no preparation about what had just happened.

I have been feeling hurt and angry that I was dismissed just like that. If this is just about financial issue, I will be there for him because I have a financially secured and stable job. We can wait to have a family untill things get better. I want to let him know that, but I don't know if this would make any sense. Should I email him my thoughts? or wait? or simply move on?

Thank you. - Erica
    Last edited by eliang; 05-11-08 at 10:56 PM.