+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: imagine if you didn't have to pay taxes

imagine if you didn't have to pay taxes

income taxes

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5355374476580235299"]America Freedom to Fascism[/ame]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Where is my free health insurance?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7521758492370018023&hl=en"]Theft By Deception - Deciphering The Federal Income Tax[/ame]
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5232639329002339531&hl=en"]FIAT EMPIRE - Why the Federal Reserve Violates the U.S. Constitution[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    imagine if you didn't have to pay taxes
    I imagine I would have to spend more money on private hospitals, private fire brigades, private road construction companies to look after roads I use, private traffic authority to look after street lights and their maintenance, private companies to look after my city's infrastructure and most likely I'd have to stock up on weapons and security guards to protect me since there would be no police because there would be no tax money to fund them.

I think I'd rather pay my taxes.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

mish in the heading i meant to include the word 'income'. people pay other taxes to fund public services through spending (i.e indirect taxes).
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 06-11-08 at 07:00 AM.

mish in the heading i meant to include the word 'income'. people pay other taxes to fund public services through spending (i.e indirect taxes).
    What do other taxes cover and how much funding do they generate for public services? Also how much funding would be cut from all public services if income taxes were suddenly canceled?
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    What do other taxes cover and how much funding do they generate for public services? Also how much funding would be cut from all public services if income taxes were suddenly canceled?
    if you're interested, watch the videos

if you're interested, watch the videos
    I can't, I'm at work

Can you post them here? Because I strongly believe there won't be much funding left once you do away with income tax.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I can't, I'm at work

Can you post them here? Because I strongly believe there won't be much funding left once you do away with income tax.

ye i thought so too, i kinda still do if given back to the people by public services funded or created. there seems to be more to it in the USA anyway, i'm sure Australia is different. but as we both know the US has huge financial power over the rest of the world. it's not a hate video, but i personally wouldn't be able to explain it myself, the video's are much clearer

How would you intend to pay for government expenditures?

ok, i personally don't propose not paying income tax. however from what those videos are saying aparently

1) the federal reserve is a private bank not a government agency

2) it is not the law to file income tax returns if a US citizen receiving income from domestic business - if foreign then one does, but otherwise no because it's unconstitutional. the first video gives and example of someone who was brought to court but was able to walk away from charges from the IRS because he insisted the IRS show the specific law; of which there is no law - the second video explains that in a lot of detail.

3) the federal reserve being a private bank takes the income tax

4) the federal reserve prints money and then lends it to congress with interest (for wars etc) and yet it aparently is printing this money from thin air (it supposed to be backed by gold but the reserve has not done this and over prints money and now has oil in us dollars...therefore us paper money is as good as gold...watch the video i prob didn't explain that properly)- this is why ron paul proposed shutting the federal reserve down -coz its aparently robbing the americans of their entitled money.

5) aparently public services are actually paid for through indirect taxes in the USA sufficiently

6) inflation is when the reserve bank prints more and more money ( over prints) and puts it into the system. therefore when the system see's there is more paper money out in the population then inflation increases - however wages have not usually increased therefore prices rise and people are therefore being taxed by the federal reserve (now i prob haven't explained that properly..its best to look at the video)
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 06-11-08 at 03:47 PM.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji_G0MqAqq8"]YouTube - Ron Paul on Federal Reserve, banking and economy[/ame]

2) it is not the law to file income tax returns if a US citizen receiving income from domestic business - if foreign then one does, but otherwise no because it's unconstitutional. the first video gives and example of someone who was brought to court but was able to walk away from charges from the IRS because he insisted the IRS show the specific law; of which there is no law - the second video explains that in a lot of detail.
    I don't know, but I find this hard to believe. Mainly because:

Various individuals and groups have questioned the legitimacy of United States federal income tax. One such group argues that the 16th Amendment to the United States Constitution was not approved by the requisite number of States,[32] and therefore never came into effect. The argument that the Sixteenth Amendment was "never ratified" has been rejected by the Internal Revenue Service and by the courts and ruled to be a frivolous argument

5) aparently public services are actually paid for through indirect taxes in the USA sufficiently
    Can you post a credible link to this information? I remember reading that a high percentage of income tax spending goes towards Health and Human Services in US.
    Ask the wind for the way
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is interesting. We have been requesting for several (unsuccessful) years now that the Canadian government show us where it says they can take tax from us on a quarterly basis. We keep being run around or just ignored when we ask. Its not published on their website either, we have looked.

We would prefer to pay one lump sum annually, obviously, b/c it would mean that WE have our money to invest & make interest on for the year instead of the government. Instead, we are *required* to pay in installments & are charged interest if we don't.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast