+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Trouble Meeting Guys

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would go out with you based on looks alone

My guess is you just need to let your guards down a little...you may be coming off as intimidating to guys. You're really cute, give the next few cute guys that pass a smile in there direction. One is bound to approach you.

Averagejoe is right-you are good looking enough for guys to be afraid to approach you if you're too shy to give them the cues and encouragement they need.

I think you look beautiful.
    Don't expect anything.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're a lovely looking woman. However, when I first glanced at your pic I assumed you were quite a bit younger than me. If I saw you at a party or whatever I'd avoid flirting with you simply because I'd assume you were jail bait. I wonder if perhaps that's why you have trouble drawing male attention.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    You're a lovely looking woman. However, when I first glanced at your pic I assumed you were quite a bit younger than me. If I saw you at a party or whatever I'd avoid flirting with you simply because I'd assume you were jail bait. I wonder if perhaps that's why you have trouble drawing male attention.
    Wow...I just went back and read that she was 23 after you mentioned her looking young, I thought she was like 18-19 from her picture.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Wow...I just went back and read that she was 23 after you mentioned her looking young, I thought she was like 18-19 from her picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I get carded constantly. I even got carded to watch an R movie, and it wasn't even that good: Silent Hill. I stay away from Vegas because it'd be a buzz-kill. Fortunately, I'm not into gambling.

Thank you. Wow, guys. You're all really sweet, but don't over-stroke my ego. I shouldn't get used that no matter how nice it is.

Actually, that's an interesting comment. Most of the guys who've asked me out were on the older side.

27 when I was 18
    33 when I was 19
    34 when I was 22
    Last edited by Skyfish; 09-11-08 at 05:58 PM. Reason: combining posts

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you can give me a wristy any old time.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfish View Post
    Actually, that's an interesting comment. Most of the guys who've asked me out were on the older side.

27 when I was 18
    33 when I was 19
    34 when I was 22
    Most of the guys who've asked you out are borderline pedophiles I'd hazard to guess...
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Somehow girls dating older guys always seem troubled.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Somehow girls dating older guys always seem troubled.
    Troubled meeting guys, or troubled in general?

It's not that I approached any of them. They happen to be the ones to ask me out. I only dated two people who were my age: 15 and 22.

Actually, together with my last post, that's all the people who've asked me out.

Sky,
    I have always found dating in a big city to be harder than in a small one. There are just soooo many people that guys tend to flit around alot and if you're not the kind of woman that throws herself at a guy, a "nice" girl like you might not get the attention she deserves.

What about trying to ask a guy out for a change? According to alot of the guys here on the forum, men like that.

Also have you tried online dating? (Sorry if you answered that in another part of the thread)
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Weird, I have trouble meeting women. I find all the good ones always taken or not interested.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

#1 wow~~ beautiful girl ,but r u chinese, if so , i 'll fall in love with you
    I searching a girl for love! please contact me
    I am the guy worked in a [URL="http://www.xinyangmed.net"]ultrasound gel[/URL] company

Beautiful pics...I'm a guy so I can't totally empathize with girl issues but here is what I think:

1) These days I guess it is ok to drop hints on a guy though not being too too aggressive. I'm still a bit conservative so maybe others would disagree with me. Don't try to completely transform your personality though to meet guys. The true soulmate will love you for the beauty of what you are.

2) What settings are you looking for guys at? I personally do not recommend clubs or bars. Just my experience and the quality varies a lot.

Do you have hobbies or interests? I would suggest joining local clubs or groups with a similar interest or hobby to meet people. Be it language, crafts, travelling, or whatever.

Are you college educated? I am not saying be elitist but since people often marry people of similar educational backgrounds, I would look up all the local colleges like UCLA, USC, etc. and see when they have alumni or young alumni events in town. That's a way of meeting people and providing a filter of sort if educational attainment is important to you in a man.

I know this may sound real old-fashioned to some people but...ask an adult to hook you up. This DOES NOT have to be your parents. Make sure they know you don't want to be obligated to anything. Maybe an aunt/uncle or a mentor or a professor you liked that you trust. They may know someone. I don't like forced pairings but I think a matchmaker with your best interests at heart can be more helpful than most people think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast