+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Trouble Meeting Guys

Having Trouble Meeting Guys

It's probably my personality, but I hardly ever get asked out by guys. I don't think I'm bad looking- I've been called cute quite often- and I'm generally really nice.

The last guy I met was at a party. We dated for a while, it was fun, but he eventually broke it off when he realized I haven't been in any real relationships (it didn't help that I am 11 years younger than him). And no, I haven't had much experience physically either. So that was kind of insult to injury.

I'm worried that this will always scare a guy off because this isn't the first time this has happened. I don't know what to do. I'm so lonely. I don't feel like I should be this way at 23.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Where do you live?

An urban area?

Wow. How astute. Yes, I live in Los Angeles. I work long hours in West L.A. and West Hollywood, so that doesn't help either.

A picture would help

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sure ,you have a nice personality but what do you do to make that known?

If a friend ever needs me, he or she can count on me to be there. When my best friend and her husband were out of work, I'd drive over to cook them dinner and we'd watch TV together. Whenever my roommate felt upset, I'd listen and hug her as much as she needed it. I don't mind picking up and dropping off people if they need a ride.

I also never forget birthdays. I even wished the last guy I dated a Happy Birthday months after we broke up. I'm very glad I did. We wound-up talking like friends, and because of it I don't feel any sadness or anger about him anymore. I wished him well, and hope he finds someone he likes in the future.

I'm not without my many flaws, though. I have a tendency to get discouraged. My self-esteem bounces back and forth from confident to timid, depending on whatever is happening in my life. I can also talk without thinking first, and I regret it later. When I'm sad, I can also be really self-centered and pessimistic.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to embed a picture of myself or paste a link. Is there a way to cheat this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfish View Post
    If a friend ever needs me, he or she can count on me to be there. When my best friend and her husband were out of work, I'd drive over to cook them dinner and we'd watch TV together. Whenever my roommate felt upset, I'd listen and hug her as much as she needed it. I don't mind picking up and dropping off people if they need a ride.

I also never forget birthdays. I even wished the last guy I dated a Happy Birthday months after we broke up. I'm very glad I did. We wound-up talking like friends, and because of it I don't feel any sadness or anger about him anymore. I wished him well, and hope he finds someone he likes in the future.

I'm not without my many flaws, though. I have a tendency to get discouraged. My self-esteem bounces back and forth from confident to timid, depending on whatever is happening in my life. I can also talk without thinking first, and I regret it later. When I'm sad, I can also be really self-centered and pessimistic.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to embed a picture of myself or paste a link. Is there a way to cheat this?
    Embed a picture? Can't you just upload one on photobucket and post the link here? Is that what you mean by embed? If not pm me the link and I can post it for you.

These admin rules are intense. Apparently, I can't post links OR PM people until I've made 15 posts.

I'm not advocating spamming but post up.

Go to these threads, here's a bunch you can just post in. You only need 8 posts.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/movies-music-books/[/url]

If your telling the truth about who you are and what you do, the only thing I can possibly say is that your timidness/shy nature are the only thing standing your way.

You never forget birthdays and actually cared enough to call a months later to say happy birthday? Sign me up?

Thanks, Cbrider that's nice of you to say.

I do have shyness problems. When I begin to really like a guy, I get scared he might get tired of me, so I clam up. I'm worried I might be too boring because of it.

As for his birthday, I had mixed feelings about doing it. On the one hand, I didn't want to look pathetic. On the other hand, I didn't want to keep having negative feelings, you know?

I'll keep posting random stuff until I get 15 posts up. I'll be posting on movies etc.

Its 2008, and many of the old traditions of dating just don't exist as they used to.

I'd suggest approaching guys that you are interested in. The other thing is try to be more aware of guys that are interested in you. If a random guy strikes up any sort of conversation it usually means that he is interested in you....not just talking about the weather or what your drinking.

He may not ask you out right away because women often view that as moving too fast, being clingy, being desperate etc. So give him a hint that your open; give him your phone number so he knows that your interested or tell him that you like doing the same stuff he does and tell him what your schedule looks like for the next week or two.

Beleive me, I think it would be great if guys swept girls off their feet like the old days but these days, girls often don't return phone calls and guys who pursue girls are known as "stalkers."

That's how I met the last guy: talked, then asked if we could trade numbers. Difference is that he approached me first instead of the other way around. That was really nice!

I guess I need to start being more assertive and flirty. But I do okay with strangers and new people. One-on-one situations with someone I REALLY like, not so much. My roommate says I'm too "physically defensive." I stiff up when I get touched on the hips or on the stomach.

Finally made it to 15 posts.

Holy crap, it's huge. Sorry.
    Last edited by Skyfish; 08-11-08 at 08:13 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're a cutie, what's your ethnic background?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast