+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Complicated Situation

Complicated Situation

Well, sort of a long story coming, but I would really appreciate your help....with what i should do next...

There is this girl, she is in my chem lab and tutorial at uni...She is really nice and genuine and I have seen her before and thought she was great. Anyways, as it works out we sit near each other in the lab, and talk/joke alot - as you would. Things go great, having a joke and its all fun. Slowly we talk more and more as each week goes by, until we start also talking in the tutorial, where we start to sit next to each other.
    Towards the last 4 weeks of the semester, things pick up again. And for Halloween, she invites me out, with her friends to a nightclub with a event on. I gear up for it, but a few hours prior to the night, i ask her what the plans were and she tells me she cant go. She said she has a 'case of the nanas', what ever that means. (?)
    The next week, all is the same, little bit closer though. And again she organizes to go out on the Friday with her friends, the last day of the semester. This time it goes ahead. She said to go to her place first, and then we would move on to the club. But guess who is at her place, the boyfriend....or what i would think is the boyfriend (complicated relationship there i got the impression of).
    Needless to say this was a surprise. I never got the impression she was taken or anything. Anyways, my mate, that i thankfully invited to the night, rocked up and we made our way to the club. All goes well and i start getting the vibe that her relationship was a bit off. Mainly because they hardly ever, but did at times - act like a couple. Rarely did they hug, kiss, etc etc. So I start thinking that if I want, i could snag her anyways.
    On the way home though, i sent her a text saying that i had feelings for her (Did i do this too early like i now think i did) and that im not sure if i could see her anymore. This she replied to with "id really like it if you stayed my friend". I interpreted that to mean she was not ruling out anything more than friends (mainly because now that she knows i am keen on her, it would be awfully awkward, and for her to still want to be 'active' friends, seems to be a good sign)....Silly me though, replied to it with 'i cant, i wont give up trying'. Bad move for sure but she replied with 'oh well im sad, i liked having you as a friend. im sorry if i confused you or caused you pain'...
    Things progressed a little, after a couple more text messages on the Saturday, somehow i turned it around, and suggested that me and her help each other study over the exam period. Which went down well. But, i can see the mistake i was making there, too keen....
    Come the Monday, today, i sent her a text asking her if she was going to come to the library to study. She said she wasn't and that she was studying at home alone today, and that later in the week she would come up for sure. I sort of, again, showed my over keenness, and replied with 'damn i was hoping that the study group would help my motivation'. Which she replied, nicely, suggesting Wednesday. Again, i messed up and said "Wednesday is too late for me to learn the basics haha". And that is where it ended and ive heard nothing from her since.

Well, what in hell do i do. I know ive made sooooo many mistakes, but i don't want to give up.
    How do you guys interpret what has happened thus far, and what do you think her thoughts are on the matter?
    What should i do?

Thanks
    Last edited by ooobe-doooby; 10-11-08 at 09:25 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, dude, kudos for you for being straight-up with her. She was about to take you for a ride & you nipped it in the bud.

You didn't do anything wrong. She's not into you, so move on & find a gal who is.

Someone here (OV) has this great site about guy & gal 'friendships' and how there are two scales for women. I can't remember what its called but mbe someone will repost. Its important for you to understand it.

BTW, I had a hard time responding to your SN. Oooby doobie, lol.

Thanks for the reply Indi....

Why do you say she is not into me? Whilst you may be right depending on the reason....I would be inclined to say that you may view her as not being interested because of the way she acts - because she has a boyfriend already....

And also, how was she going to take me for a ride?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She told you she only wants to be your friend. That is girl-speak for 'not interested'.

The 'ride' part comes from situations where a girl knows a guy is into her, won't be his BF, but will happily take all the emotional investment, support, etc. that you will give her. Its called being the 'faux boyfriend'. All work and no benefit (i.e. no sex & emotional support returned). Don't be that guy. Find a girl who will return what you offer.