+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A long story. I need all the help I can get.

A long story. I need all the help I can get.

About three years ago this girl I had met through a mutual friend said she liked me. I went out with her about 5 or 6 times over the next year and half. During that time, I began to fall for her.
    Almost all times after I drove her home from each date, she said she would call me real soon. The call would actually take months. I didn't mind the wait, I knew she'd call. One time, though, about two weeks after we went out, I decided not to wait and so called her. We talked for a while, and she called me back the next day. We continued calling back and forth for the next week. We talked hours a night, almost every night. She did most the talking, I'm a little shy, but I told her that I liked her alot, about every night. I was in love. One day, though, I called her, and she seemed uneasy to talk to me, and she kinda blew me off. I decided to give her some space, and waited a week before I called again. I never got a hold of her. I tried a few times more but never could get in touch, and she never returned my calls. I quit trying after a few, and Months passed, I was hurting really bad. Finally I ran into her at college almost 4 months later. I could tell she expected me to be upset, but just seeing her, gave me a rush, it was like a super high. We hung out during her time between classes, and saw her twice more more during the semester and she'd hugged me, and seemed happy to see me both times. That was it for a while, until I saw her again, and once again I felt super high. She told me to call her, and I did, a few weeks later. We talked for a bit. I called her and got a hold of her two times more, and asked her out, she kinda blew me off both times, and never called me. I quit calling her and months again had passed, I was still hurting, and a year and a half had passed since we last when out. I finally decided to call her, out of the blue. I had thinking about her alot. I didn't get in touch with her though, I had finally accepted it was over. To my complete surprise she called me back the same night, and we went out. She told me she had just broken up with her boyfriend and moved back in with her mom. She seemed to be more interested in me than ever. And I was in love again. Anyway we went out two more time since within a two week span, and it went really well. At the end of our last meeting she said she likes being with me, and that I make her happy. But it's been almost two weeks since the last time I saw her. I called her three times this week, and it seems like her family is screening her calls from me. I know they do sometimes screen her calls for her when she asks, because she told me so. Maybe they're not, and I'm just paranoid, but either way, I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. I need to see her. I'm not sure how often I should try calling either. I have never yet told her I loved her, but I've told her I care alot, and now it's feeling the same as it did way back when I couldn't get in touch with her. I don't know, I'm confused, Should I keep calling, or just let her go. What do you make of this? Any help would be great, Thanks.
    PS. She's not shy by any means, and that can't be the reason she won't call me back.

PSS. Sorry, didn't mean to write a book. It all seemed important though.

Well Rake I think youre confusing being in love with her and reallly liking her at this point or through the whole thing here. You really havent spent any time with her. A few dates here and there but I think youre confused with this girl...shes been giving you mixed signals all along...never direct or anything. Why would you want to be involved with someone whose never shown any continual interest and if she is its at her convience? Shes put you through MORE turmoil than being in a happy state here. I dont know how you could stand it...months at a time?

I totally would let this one go-shes messing with your head. Is she were TRULY interested shed be calling and not avoiding you. Even if you say the reason why she wasnt around the last year was because she was involved...what is her excuse now?
    For a relationship to work-both must want it.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

You make complete sense squirrly. I should just let go. It's hard though. The past few times I saw her, she said things that hit deep. She said some of the nicest things anyone ever said to me. And that high feeling I felt when seeing her was incredible. I've never felt that before. It doesn't make sense, and the more I think about it, the more confused I get. I'm not going call her though, and I'm going to try my best not to wait for her to call me.

Rake-its hard no matter what you do-but you do it for yourself because its the right thing to do-if you sit back and think about things, what is she doing to prove to YOU shes worth this grief youre going through. Shes not gving you any indications that shes serious about wanting to get with you-see my point here? Im sorry-but I guess if youre really into someone youd take the time and call back and make plans to do things together-she just seems to avoid this most of the time.

Dont call her buddy-if shes really interested she'll call you-but put things off yourself for now. I know its hard-trust me I know. But in the end you'll be the one feeling better about it-you wont feel like a schmuck for haning on-you can say to yourself hey I tried with this woman-but she doesnt deserve my attention anymore.

Let her get a hold of you-let her chase you now-but dont wait around for her. I just think youd be better off at this point to let go-if she were showing real signs of interest you wouldnt be looking for answers right?
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.