+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She says she likes me, but is she just playing me? [long for detail's sake]

I don't know people, I've been contemplating doing this for a while. I want to know if this sounds like a good idea. She has this favorite book series called Twilight and she's been waiting for the movie to come out. She wants to camp out in front of the theater so she can be one of the first to get tickets. I'm wondering if I should invite her to do so with me. I've actually been mildly intrigued by the books, and I'd like to see the movie, and sharing that with her would be great for me, but is this a good idea?

well, nevermind guys, I've just found out that she hates me. apparently she's been talking to her friends and basically saying that all the stuff I'm doing is 'crap.' I don't need this. Last night she told one of my friends, "why doesn't he just find someone his own age." First of all, when It comes to love, I tend to overlook age. Secondly, there's only like 2 years difference, I'm older, and it really hurts that she'd pull the 'age card' on me. We were having a kick-back at my place last night and she was over, and I needed to tell her I was done trying to be with her, so I told her I needed to talk to her. She was already pissed off at me for some reason, so she said no because she's really not in a good mood. That pissed me off and I told her she could be so immature sometimes and slammed the door. I found out that all that night she had been talking crap about me and she said that I was immature because I didn't have a job. Now, the only job she's had was a week-long job at a carnival. I've been employed at various places since I was 14, 6 years! Jobs are just hard to come by in this tiny town in the middle of the desert.
    It was weird I haven't been so pissed off and hurt at the same time in a very long time. I had one of my friends tell her that I realize now that she's just a flirt, and that I took that the wrong way and thought she liked me, and she just said, "whatever." I really need to talk to her but she won't let me. I'm thinking of writing a letter.

Don't bother with the letter, man. She has shown you that she is not worth your time and is too immature for your age and too immature for a guy like yourself. Your best bet is to just cut communication and move on.

What about that other girl you said that you could possibly see yourself with? Have you spoken to her recently?

Yeah, thanks a lot, I guess you're right, it's really wierd knowing that I'm the one who actually wasn't at fault this time. I actually didn't screw up, it was her and I guess I should feel a little better because of that.
    You know, today, my friend who is her ex just told her that he's considering getting back together with her. I guess that's a good thing and I'm happy for my friend, it's best for their child. But the timing is just so horrible, everything's got me really screwed up inside and I need tylenol PM just to settle my mind and get to sleep.

About the other girl; yeah, I've been talking to her the past couple days about this stuff. She really seems to want to listen and make me feel better. She's been there for me since I started talking to her. She likes to wear my trench coat and use my duster (type of trench coat) as a blanket when she sleeps, and she even cuddles with me, and likes to get into tickle fights with me. It's just this past situation has me second guessing the things that I used to associate with a girl liking me. The last girl gave me all the sings that she liked me and wanted to be with me, heck she even told me so. It's made me scared of taking a risk right now; I like knowing that they like me first, before I ask them out, but I suppose I'll see how things go the next time we hang out. I'm just tired of being alone right now, and that might make me more likely to take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatermeister View Post
    About the other girl; yeah, I've been talking to her the past couple days about this stuff. She really seems to want to listen and make me feel better. She's been there for me since I started talking to her. She likes to wear my trench coat and use my duster (type of trench coat) as a blanket when she sleeps, and she even cuddles with me, and likes to get into tickle fights with me. It's just this past situation has me second guessing the things that I used to associate with a girl liking me.

It's made me scared of taking a risk right now;

I like knowing that they like me first, before I ask them out
    Dude, this girl is slapping you in the face with signals! There is no risk at all. She likes you. Ask her out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12