+ Follow This Topic

Thread: life on cruise ship

life on cruise ship

Hey there!
    I've been with my husband for 2 years now. We only lived 1 year together because I'm french and he is american. We've been separated a lot because we are from different countries. During my lats 6 months stay in New York we decided to get married on 09/22/08 in order to be able to make plans together. My husband wanted to live in Paris (France) in order to go to school. But before he was able to come to join me in France he wanted to save some money. As he is a musician the best option for him at this time was to go work as a pianist aboard cruise ship for a 6 months contract. Since he got on this ship he became a complete stanger. The communication was broken. It was very hard for us to communicate. But when we had the chance to talk he told me everything was fine for him and was really excited to come to Paris. 3 days ago he broke up with me (on instant messaging!) and told me he met someone else with who he could share his passion for music. He also want to stay aboard cruise ship for the next 3 years. Also he doesn't want to talk to me ever again.
    I've never been living on a cruise ship. But I know that life is wonderful on ships. He is pretty much on vacation all the time. All the crew members are probably living in a dream. They have nothing to worry about, no bills, no duties, no responsabilities, no disavantages...
    I'm afraid that my husband is completly out of his mind and doesn't realized what he is doing now. Plus he is bi-polar which doesn't help. I'm afraid he will realized about all this when he will be back on land. I love him so much.
    What do you think about all this?
    Have you been living on cruise ship? How is your life now that your done with cruise ships?
    What am I supposed to do?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You call him your husband but he isn't really your husband, right? From what I read it sounds like you all didn't actually seal the deal. Sorry this had to happen to you but that's just the way it is. Out of sight out of mind.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein