+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you consider signs?

What do you consider signs?

I've been told men need to be given "signs" before asking a woman out. What have/would you consider a sign a woman was interested?

I considered it a sign that a girl blushes every time she sees me, looks at me a lot, and sometimes quickly looks away when i look at her. I was wrong. So, I don't know. The best sign would be "I like you".
    Don't expect anything.

-Helps to have friends/classmates/co-workers who can clue in whether you like each other
    -Girl actively pursues the guy with things like talking, asks questions about HIM. It almost the opposite of a guy asking a girl a bunch of questions...but the point is that usually the guy is chasing the girl, but if the girl gives some of the chase...then the guy will feel a bit more comfortable and confident about moving forward instead of getting shut down.
    -Smiling, TOUCHING, remembering things about him (like he might for you), girls have a tendency to be flirty with every guy so it helps to be a little extra attentive to the one you like

Body language. Leaning toward him during conversation, fingers running through the hair (playing w/ in gen), brushing or gen bringing attention to their breasts, etc. Attention. Is it undivided and a good exchange happening. Err.. I really don't know other than what they say in the above. Being fem. I really just do things subconsciously but when I'm interested I pursue. GL
    PS...this is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing.

i look straight into the eyes and smile. i pause a little longer than normal. and then move my face downwards pretending to be embarrassed

ohh ye and if i'm in conversation with him, i touch his arm when he makes me laugh and i have in some cases done that and acted surprised and said 'ooo you have strong arms!' and squeeze them a bit.....the men love it.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 22-11-08 at 06:51 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Usually I start thinking that maybe she wants to date right about when she looks me in the eye and says, "When the hell are you going to ask me out, you dumb lug?"
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Smiling and not looking away too soon is good.

I love the arm touch thing, but it's almost too strong a signal at first. Use it sparingly, and later.

Starting a conversation with me just by saying "Hi". I assume women won't do that if they want nothing to do with me.

Being very relaxed with me as demonstrated by (as someone else said) playing with their hair.

If they laugh at any lame funny comments I make, that almost a clincher.

For me one of the signs that someone likes you is when she wants to talk to you always and spend a lot of time with you.

Another thing is that she's happy every time she saw you. Somehow a lil bit excited in seeing you.
    Don't Get Me Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i look straight into the eyes and smile. i pause a little longer than normal. and then move my face downwards pretending to be embarrassed
    Good effort, too bad most guys don't pick up on any of that.

ohh ye and if i'm in conversation with him, i touch his arm when he makes me laugh and i have in some cases done that and acted surprised and said 'ooo you have strong arms!' and squeeze them a bit.....the men love it.
    That might actually work against a woman. If she said that to me, I would be insulted and lose interest. It's a pretty cheap compliment and poor attempt at flattery.

Before we first talk:

- Eye contact for longer than 5 seconds so I can tell she's looking at "me"
    - Making eye contact for a second time with a smile, like she's saying it's okay to come over, she's into men and not a lesbian, or her 6'4" 190lbs. boyfriend won't come out and kick my ass if I talk to her

Deep into the conversation:

- Talking about "activities" she likes or things she's "interested" in, and then mentioning "events" or "places" so to create opportunities to go to them "together" sometime.
    - Mentioning something she's always wanted to do or somewhere she's always wanted to go.

As I'm about to leave:

- She'll say what a "great time she had" or what a "fun time she had talking". That's usually a cue for me to say something like "we should do this again sometime", which is her cue to say something like "did I give you my number already?"
    - If I don't catch on, she'll then say "we should get together sometime", in which case I have to say "definitely, what's your number?"

I know girls have a lot of ego and pride when it comes to who asks for the number or who does the asking out. Honestly, like Gribble said, guys are just dumb. We don't notice, we're not aware, our keenness and perception is almost zero. So if you really like him and he's not catching onto your hints, just ask him for his number and text-flirt with him until he catches on and asks you on a date.
    Last edited by Asparagoose; 27-11-08 at 12:01 PM.

- She's generally seems interested in what you have to say when you to talk to her
    - She plays with her hair
    - She laughs at your jokes
    - If a conversation gets stale, she puts in effort to continue it asking you question
    - She touches you (punches you in the arm, grabs your arm, etc)

There are many levels of interest of girls. She may be slightly interested (maybe does 1 of the above), interested (does 2+ of the above), really interested (does everything above).

Hmm, for me *signs* would mostly just be how much attention she gives me. I am not very perceptive when it comes to noticing things, but if a girl is going out of her way to show attention toward me, I notice.

Yeh I always made fun of my best friend for doing these things... then I noticed I did the same thing when I was interested in a guy. I co-sign on the above, this is how a girl flirts and you should take it as a sign

Quote Originally Posted by rudey View Post
    - She's generally seems interested in what you have to say when you to talk to her
    - She plays with her hair
    - She laughs at your jokes
    - If a conversation gets stale, she puts in effort to continue it asking you question
    - She touches you (punches you in the arm, grabs your arm, etc)

There are many levels of interest of girls. She may be slightly interested (maybe does 1 of the above), interested (does 2+ of the above), really interested (does everything above).
    My girl did all of that in our first lunch together (except for touching) but she STILL hasn't answered my SMSs...

But they seem to work.