+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does this sound right?

Does this sound right?

Well, not right in the sense of ok, but right as in does it make sense.

Late last year, my parents decided that they were going to move to Florida (we lived in Southern California) because my dad got a job offer from a rival company. They ended up moving towards the end of December, right after Christmas. It all happened within a few months. My brother had already moved out a long time ago and rarely spent any time with my parents or myself. So my parents left me their house but I had to pay the mortgage and all the bills. And yes, their bills were huge because they had horrible financial's and were in debt.

So anyways, they up the left me and pretty much around the same time I broke up with my ex for cheating on me. So I was left with no one and it was a very difficult time for me cause I was already going through a tough time with my job training.

I got over it and I met my now current girlfriend around May. Things have been great but every so often when things dont go as I planned, or like she has girls night, I end up getting sad/worried/or even depressed I guess you can call it. Now the messed up thing is, I know that it isn't normal to feel that way and I know that I shouldn't, but I still do and I didn't know how to get rid of that feeling. I want to get rid of it because at times it causes strain on my relationship.

So I had been thinking last night and today and came to the conclusion that the reason why I feel that way when I dont get to see my girlfriend or when things dont go as planned, is because I am afraid that what I consider my family now (my girlfriend and her family) will up and leave. It wont happen, I know that but it still triggers that feeling.

So does any of that make sense?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old are you Viper?

Your feelings are normal, however, you need to get them under control. You haven't been seeing your GF for very long, only a few months. Its entirely possible that things won't work out between you so watch out about becoming too attached too soon.

Who else do you socialize with? Friends? Coworkers? Any other family nearby?

Good idea to engage in other hobbies and interests that do not involve her.

That's a simple answer to a complicated question, Viper. Sure, that's probably part of it.
    Spammer Spanker

Indi, I'm 25 and my gf is 18 (not really an issue I think). And I have been working on getting them under control, I plan on going and working out whenever I feel like that. I socialize with friends and some coworkers. I dont have any family nearby, anyone in my family lives at least 2 hours away.

I am looking into getting into other hobbies, maybe some that i havent thought of before. But ya I figure it is part of it. But that's one step closer to figuring it all out right?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ya, that sounds a bit lonely. But you sound like you are on the right track. Come vent & chat here also, if that helps. You're welcome. Go post some opinions to help others in some of the threads. At 25, you've got plenty of experience.

Thanks Indi, I've found a combination of talking about things with other people and also working out helps a lot