+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    A lot of these professional pick-up artists could charm the pants off of any woman, even stealing them from a more attractive man, and yet they are some of the least attractive men you will ever see.
    Why would you want to aspire to this? Do you really want women who are too stupid to know they are a part of a game?

Eh, it just goes to show why I don't trust charming men. They are almost always hiding some major flaws.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i don't think you have problems picking up women.

those classes are good in a way, but they only get you so far. picking up a woman is much easier than being dedicated to one or sustaining a relationship with one. but for those who have a hard time breaking the ice, i can see how classes like that would be beneficial. but again, you obviously don't have that problem.
    It's not so much as being able to pick up A woman. It's about being able to pick up ANY woman. It's about being able to walk into a bar or a club and find the woman that every guy is hanging on but isn't getting her and being the one to leave with her phone number.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Hehe, I read those books (or scanned through some of them). I'm a very curious person and also like to know what others may know. My guy friend probably studies that stuff but he doesn't know that I know what he knows and is playing along with him. But I figured life is nothing but a game anyways.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Why would you want to aspire to this? Do you really want women who are too stupid to know they are a part of a game?

Eh, it just goes to show why I don't trust charming men. They are almost always hiding some major flaws.
    You just made one of my points for me. Only a stupid woman would fall for these tricks, right? Wrong. And you're naive to think otherwise.

First of all, my standards as to who I date haven't diminished. I still want the intelligent women to actually be in a relationship with, but this is more of me just getting out there and improving on myself.

Second of all, it isn't only stupid women that fall for these tricks. I don't know what you're thinking of when you think of charm, but it isn't just some casual sweet talk. It's a lot more involved. And you don't trust a charming man? Do you really find yourself attracted to awkward men that have a hard time starting a conversation and tend to just let the conversation flutter into the shitter?

You just made one of my points for me. Only a stupid woman would fall for these tricks, right? Wrong. And you're naive to think otherwise.

First of all, my standards as to who I date haven't diminished. I still want the intelligent women to actually be in a relationship with, but this is more of me just getting out there and improving on myself.

Second of all, it isn't only stupid women that fall for these tricks. I don't know what you're thinking of when you think of charm, but it isn't just some casual sweet talk. It's a lot more involved. And you don't trust a charming man? Do you really find yourself attracted to awkward men that have a hard time starting a conversation and tend to just let the conversation flutter into the shitter?
    You're right. I like a charming man and some men think they are good at sweet talk but are not to me. My guy friend is a pro. I know it and he knows that he is good. There is no way he would have attracted me if he was not so freaking charismatic in the first place....and he knows it. He's a smooth operator and I got my eye on him. It's for fun anyways. I'm not marrying the guy. Women know what I man is doing when he approaches her at a bar or club. And she IS looking for that charismatic man for her own entertainment too. It's only a problem when his motives or agenda is different from the woman he is trying to pick up.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    You're right. I like a charming man and some men think they are good at sweet talk but are not to me. My guy friend is a pro. I know it and he knows that he is good. There is no way he would have attracted me if he was not so freaking charismatic in the first place....and he knows it. He's a smooth operator and I got my eye on him. It's for fun anyways. I'm not marrying the guy. Women know what I man is doing when he approaches her at a bar or club. And she IS looking for that charismatic man for her own entertainment too. It's only a problem when his motives or agenda is different from the woman he is trying to pick up.
    One of the rules that the guys I'm reading about have is do NOT approach a woman if she is by herself. Only approach a woman if she is in a group. The whole goal is to give everyone else attention except for her... to make her wonder why she isn't getting it. It draws interest.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And you don't trust a charming man? Do you really find yourself attracted to awkward men that have a hard time starting a conversation and tend to just let the conversation flutter into the shitter?
    Do you really think those are the only two options?

And to answer your question, NO. I don't trust charming men.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Do you really think those are the only two options?

And to answer your question, NO. I don't trust charming men.
    Then tell me your definition of a charming man.

One of the rules that the guys I'm reading about have is do NOT approach a woman if she is by herself. Only approach a woman if she is in a group. The whole goal is to give everyone else attention except for her... to make her wonder why she isn't getting it. It draws interest.
    This also gives the guy a better chance of getting her number because many women are more relaxed in groups.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Then tell me your definition of a charming man.
    I am everyones definition of a charming man

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess my definition of a "charming" man would be one that is a little too smooth/polished, a little too cocky, manipulative, and above all, insincere.

All charming people have something to conceal, usually their total dependence on the appreciation of others.

—Cyril Vernon Connolly

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know these books are designed to get you any woman you want, but it quite simply won't.

I can tell you right now that if I were to have played many of the strategies with my current girlfriend, she would not have had me.

I know exactly the kind of person who is what you speak of. He's one of those, everybody loves him, guys. He's charming, funny, he makes people feel good about themselves, he can make the girls swoon, he's idealistic and outspoken while managing not to tread on others.

My girlfriend hated him until she got to see his real side after she essentially told me to cut the bullshit.

Once again, many of the strategies you'll read about are prime for certain situations. It's like saying: this strategy works great when you're playing basketball. But what if you're not on a court? What if you're on a golf field? Or soccer field?

Good for you for reading up on this stuff and tryin' to catch some ass, just don't expect any miracles, they may not work at all, or you may not find the favorable conditions they speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I know these books are designed to get you any woman you want, but it quite simply won't.

I can tell you right now that if I were to have played many of the strategies with my current girlfriend, she would not have had me.

I know exactly the kind of person who is what you speak of. He's one of those, everybody loves him, guys. He's charming, funny, he makes people feel good about themselves, he can make the girls swoon, he's idealistic and outspoken while managing not to tread on others.

My girlfriend hated him until she got to see his real side after she essentially told me to cut the bullshit.

Once again, many of the strategies you'll read about are prime for certain situations. It's like saying: this strategy works great when you're playing basketball. But what if you're not on a court? What if you're on a golf field? Or soccer field?

Good for you for reading up on this stuff and tryin' to catch some ass, just don't expect any miracles, they may not work at all, or you may not find the favorable conditions they speak of.
    These strategies definitely aren't a "perfect for any situation" kind of thing. It practically says it in the different books. A lot of it is being able to know how to find the right thing to say yourself, but the strategies are still there.

Do I think this would work with every woman? No. But it's actually funny to me how many women will claim that they wouldn't fall for it and then find themselves in that trap. What woman is going to admit that they can be manipulated by a sweet talker?

In my opinion, a PUA is sly. Though he may be using manipulation, it's not visible. If it is, he's an AFC, not a PUA.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're just looking for a f*ck these will probably work for you.

If you ever get around to looking for something stable?

Some women can recognize the behavior before giving you an honest chance. Even so, that shit goes out the window once you've become familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If you're just looking for a f*ck these will probably work for you.

If you ever get around to looking for something stable?

Some women can recognize the behavior before giving you an honest chance. Even so, that shit goes out the window once you've become familiar.
    I likely won't be interested in forming a relationship with the woman that I can get to **** me the first night.

Either way, all this is supposed to do is get her interested. I'm not interested in a relationship unless it's with someone that fits everything I look for. I'm not settling again.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast