+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Community

Community

Something has started to interest me and I'm actually looking forward to getting more involved with it. In fact, it's the kind of thing that could make me enjoy being single.

In my spare time, I want to start getting into the community. The PUA (Pick-Up Artist) community. The same community that so many people snub. A lot of men think that it's for losers and a lot of women claim it doesn't work.

There's just so much involved with it. There's so many different gurus and each has their own style and method. There's NLP, the Mystery Method, Speed Dating, Double Your Dating... and a ton more. All with different methods that actually help to do the things you want to accomplish depending on the type of girl you're trying to attract.

I just got into this so I don't know a ton about it yet. I'm still working on it. Currently, I'm reading "The Game" by Neil Strauss and I'll be following that up with "The Mystery Method." Then I'll probably start reading about NLP and some other books.

It's actually pretty interesting.
    I don't chase, I replace.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh no. You're going to be the new GrkScorp.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The funny thing is it works, because humans are nothing more than a collection of cells. Some atheist fucckers think knowledge is so worth pursuing and they call it the meaning of life to justify their existence when they're just as fuccking wrong as any theist motherfuccker

But yes Cain, go for it if you want pussy without paying as much of a price. Girls are just as shallow and pathetic and fuccking disgusting as any piece of shit man. They have the same value as a man, which is that of a fly. However, I knew a kid from high school who was part of this community and he was one weird fucckier, so I'd be extremely wary of this so-called "community." A community is bullshit. The only people you can ever really trust are your family if you are lucky

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think DM is drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I think DM is drunk.
    I second that. He's acting like those new posters who write shit and then delete it, like he did in those two other posts. Not cool.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I personally think that reading up on PUA methods broadens your horizons. It builds confidence by showing that people are not that complicated. It gives you confidence and motivation going out there into the world and most of the time that's pretty much all you need to be good at picking up.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

cain, you don't sound like the kind of guy that needs this, however yes i do think some men need to learn these things especially the shy ones who end up being bitter coz they don't use common sense as shown in these books. it's up to the conscious of the individual how they use this new found confidence and methods, i actually think some of them speak sense.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Oh, I read that book (I know..wtf?!). Aren't those communities just money grabbers?

But if its free...then go ahead.
    Last edited by lastwish; 22-11-08 at 10:20 PM.

vashti says:

"Oh no. You're going to be the new GrkScorp."

what's wrong with understanding how attraction works?

DoesntMatter says:

"Some atheist fucckers think knowledge is so worth pursuing and they call it the meaning of life to justify their existence when they're just as fuccking wrong as any theist motherfuccker

But yes Cain, go for it if you want pussy without paying as much of a price. Girls are just as shallow and pathetic and fuccking disgusting as any piece of shit man. They have the same value as a man, which is that of a fly. However, I knew a kid from high school who was part of this community and he was one weird fucckier, so I'd be extremely wary of this so-called "community." A community is bullshit. The only people you can ever really trust are your family if you are lucky"

wtf are you rambling about?

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    The funny thing is it works, because humans are nothing more than a collection of cells. Some atheist fucckers think knowledge is so worth pursuing and they call it the meaning of life to justify their existence when they're just as fuccking wrong as any theist motherfuccker

But yes Cain, go for it if you want pussy without paying as much of a price. Girls are just as shallow and pathetic and fuccking disgusting as any piece of shit man. They have the same value as a man, which is that of a fly. However, I knew a kid from high school who was part of this community and he was one weird fucckier, so I'd be extremely wary of this so-called "community." A community is bullshit. The only people you can ever really trust are your family if you are lucky
    A lot of the guys in this community ARE weird because most of them didn't get the attention growing up. A lot of them were virgins into their 20s, but not by choice. The thing is... some of these same guys ended up becoming the best pick-up artists in the world.

"The Game" is an autobiography on Neil Strauss, aka Style. If what he has written in the book and posted in his field reports... not including the testimonials of some of the students that were at workshops he was at are true, then this stuff is great.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    cain, you don't sound like the kind of guy that needs this, however yes i do think some men need to learn these things especially the shy ones who end up being bitter coz they don't use common sense as shown in these books. it's up to the conscious of the individual how they use this new found confidence and methods, i actually think some of them speak sense.
    No, I am not in desperate need of this like some others are, but some of the strategies in these books are actually very good. It's all about improving. Everyone can use improvement.

For example, like most guys, I'll get a little nervous about approaching a girl if I wait too long to talk to her and especially nervous about approaching a girl in a group. The trick is to move in within three seconds of making eye contact so as not to work yourself up into a nervous frenzy and to not freak her out by constantly staring her direction while you work up the courage. Also, when approaching the group, there's different angles to take and not take and you aren't supposed to approach the target, but rather the obstacles.

It's all interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Oh, I read that book (I know..wtf?!). Aren't those communities just money grabbers?

But if its free...then go ahead.
    Some parts of this cost money. To gain access to the member's only lounge that Mystery owns (Mystery is the main guy in the VH1 show 'The Pickup Artist'), you have to have attended one of his workshops which cost around $2,300. I won't be doing that.

Currently, the only things I'll have to pay for are any tricks that I use in the game or any books that I read if I can't find them at the library.

Even the most attractive guys can have major game issues. A lot of these professional pick-up artists could charm the pants off of any woman, even stealing them from a more attractive man, and yet they are some of the least attractive men you will ever see.

i don't think you have problems picking up women.

those classes are good in a way, but they only get you so far. picking up a woman is much easier than being dedicated to one or sustaining a relationship with one. but for those who have a hard time breaking the ice, i can see how classes like that would be beneficial. but again, you obviously don't have that problem.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    No, I am not in desperate need of this like some others are, but some of the strategies in these books are actually very good. It's all about improving. Everyone can use improvement.

For example, like most guys, I'll get a little nervous about approaching a girl if I wait too long to talk to her and especially nervous about approaching a girl in a group. The trick is to move in within three seconds of making eye contact so as not to work yourself up into a nervous frenzy and to not freak her out by constantly staring her direction while you work up the courage. Also, when approaching the group, there's different angles to take and not take and you aren't supposed to approach the target, but rather the obstacles.

It's all interesting stuff.
    good for you cain, i do think some of the comments made in the books about women can be over the top sometimes, but overall if you don't take all of it literally it can be a good thing; both for you and the women you date. having an open minded approach to the methods is the way to go
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast