+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To fight for your love or to let love pass you by...

To fight for your love or to let love pass you by...

I met this guy last march in the church. He is a missionary, a walking bible and a good son of God. I know by then that he has a deep relationship with God and his life only revolves to him. He is always away travelling to remote areas and in the mountains to bring spiritual support to the people. Even if he is away we almost talked everyday by phone, text and emails. Since then my feelings get stronger for him. Last October I was surprised when he invited me to go to a nice Island. I was afraid at first but if that what it takes, I will take the chance. At the end I was with him, gazing the stars at night in a quite place where only the noise and clatter are the lapping of waves and that was the most romantic experienced I ever had.

Almost a month again we had never seen each other...

Yesterday, when he arrived from the mountain of Benguet we met again. He told me that he is leaving at the end of the month in the Arctic. That he is already decided to continue his mission, to follow his calling. Since I know that fact from our first met I accepted his decision. I know he will be happier if he stays as what he is, to give himself to the Lord’s service without any reservation.

He told me that he was fallen in love with me and he is praying that God will be with him in these matters.He said that I had just to keep on loving if my heart tells to do so. Where love is, there is God. And Love believes everything, Love hopes all.

Should I believed in these love?

Until when my hope for love goes?

He is leaving in one week time...And we might never seen each other again...

What should I do?

Need all your advise. Thank you in advance!

he says he loves you and you say here that you have strong feelings for him. i think the only thing you can do is tell him and let him decide what he wants to do with that. he may still choose to leave because God is his life and he may be willing to sacrifice you for God. but at least you will have told him; otherwise i think you would regret not telling him. this is your chance.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by divinern View Post
    What should I do?
    I think it all depends on what loving him will mean in the future. Will it mean more overseas trips where you get to see him once every blue moon? If yes, that will get old very quickly and most likely your relationship with him won't last for very long. You could tell him that this is an important isuue, but I doubt he will change for you.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you love each other and he isn't a priest who is forbidden to marry, i don't really understand the issue. Religious people get married every day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My guy is 'following his calling' as well but of another type . He doesn't have time for any woman and never really had. If you are willing to deal with him being gone for weeks at a time and then spending only a short time with you then maybe it can work. Don't expect him to change and stay with you most of the time. That would not be fair since you know what you are getting yourself into. Best wishes.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe