+ Follow This Topic

Thread: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Broken up but living together..

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Broken up but living together..

Well...here goes.

I've been w/ a guy for 1.6 yrs and broke up tonight. We live together and there is where the problem lies. I just landed a massage job and start today so I hope to limit contact as much as possible to give us space. He's in college and I graduated already. (GSP-him/Massage-me).
    I'm just asking for some advice to get through it. Neither of us can move out but he has friends he can stay with which he's doing right now.

Back story: He shuts down during arguments. Tried to work w/ him for a while about it using alternatives and he's set on having a relationship that he 'don't have to fight to be continuously happy in' or "have to always talk problems out".

Am I wrong for thinking that problems have to be talked out? Doubt it. Still.. I know it's over between us. Three bouts is too much when they last a day of one sided silence.
    PS...this is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is normal to have obstacles in a relationship, but if there are too many, the relationship is going to go nowhere. It sounds like your relationship had more problems than he was willing to tolerate.

Also, most males do not handle relationship issues the way females do. They generally will not discuss things ad nauseum and explore feelings because it is usually interpreted as "nagging". Rather, males tend to be more solution-focused. Also, women argue in hopes to try to change some specific behavior, and males don't want to change - they want to be accepted for who they are.

I suggest you look for someone who is more compatible, only next time, I wouldn't live with them if I were you - at least not until I was planning to marry. This way,you wouldn't have to worry about finding new living arrangements if things go bad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?