+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate...

I hate...

Advertisements! I am so sick of turning my head and seeing ads, turning on the tv and seeing ads, turning on the radio and you guessed it more ads. I think I'm gonna go insane, just so sick of people and companies always tryna sell me shit. Anyone else feel my pain?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mind ads when they offset costs.

However, when I buy a $20 DvD and I'm forced to watch ten minutes of previews before I can see the movie EVERY ****ING TIME I PUT THE DVD IN!!!! I take note. When I buy a video game for $50-60 and it's filled with ads I also take note. Greedy companies that make those mistakes don't get my money.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't mind ads when they offset costs.

However, when I buy a $20 DvD and I'm forced to watch ten minutes of previews before I can see the movie EVERY ****ING TIME I PUT THE DVD IN!!!! I take note. When I buy a video game for $50-60 and it's filled with ads I also take note. Greedy companies that make those mistakes don't get my money.
    Yeahh I'm exactly the same, my mum taught me well, but luckily most video games these days don't have many ads before hand. Remember VHA tapes? They had a shitload of ads before the freaking movie would play! Gahh..
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Generally yeah, ads are frickin' annoying. At least they're bearable if theyre stylishly made, not the damn "SUPER SALE SUPER SALE COME BUY SOME!!11!!!" crap...

Unfortunately the aussie accent added to it has made it worse, sounds so annoying when half-yelling.

I love ads, especially before a movie; perfect time to clear your mind/finish final tasks before you begin to watch; also a perfect time to make out with the one you love, or maybe share a few laughs with the best of your friends.

I don't see ads in my (surfing) browser (I have a browser for examining websites/website dev.), though, because all things but text are omitted on the page, unless I choose to load them.

Poster advertisements are good because they cover up the ugly architectures in my society, which serve no aesthetic purpose.

But what can you expect in a consumer society? I'm beginning to feel like George Carlin's posterboy, but anyway, here's a bit of comedy for this topic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M5Xm5RYTRY"]YouTube - George Carlin FAT PEOPLE[/ame]

I personally have a problem with internet ads. But as far as TV, hell, I often find that a commercial might become my favorite commercial. I JUST LOVE '90S TV ADS. Radio ads, not so much. But these people have to pay their bills.

The most annoying are "DON'T COPY THIS DVD" Ads that go on for 5 minutes which you can't skip. DVDs with these adds are begging to be copied with that ad cut out.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by ransom_nite View Post
    Advertisements! I am so sick of turning my head and seeing ads, turning on the tv and seeing ads, turning on the radio and you guessed it more ads. I think I'm gonna go insane, just so sick of people and companies always tryna sell me shit. Anyone else feel my pain?
    Yes.

Its sad that people are actually raised from the early beginning to be consumers, ads are everywhere. I see lots of moms shopping with their kids, there are even those small baskets fro child to carry and lorry shaped baskets where the child can sit in. People want to create an image that a mall is the best place in the world, when you come to think about it, there are all kinds of resources. And at least in my country shopping centres are the places where teenagers just hang out, and already they are wanting a new Gucci bag.

But it is very ironic, because I am actually studying how to make commercials...
    Don't expect anything.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    But it is very ironic, because I am actually studying how to make commercials...
    Don't let "the man" turn you into a machine boobaa. Rise against the corporate and economically developed world. Don't be a heartless, mindless addition to this fake and evil economy

^(said in jest)

and that is why i can't live without my DVR!
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    The most annoying are "DON'T COPY THIS DVD" Ads that go on for 5 minutes which you can't skip. DVDs with these adds are begging to be copied with that ad cut out.
    Honestly, with shit like that being thrown in consumer faces I have very little against piracy. That and companies that feel it's within their right to determine how one may use their products after they've been purchased.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Piracy is morally fine as long as you don't steal the credit of the author.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But everyone's gotta love Super Bowl commercials!
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Yes.

Its sad that people are actually raised from the early beginning to be consumers, ads are everywhere. I see lots of moms shopping with their kids, there are even those small baskets fro child to carry and lorry shaped baskets where the child can sit in. People want to create an image that a mall is the best place in the world, when you come to think about it, there are all kinds of resources. And at least in my country shopping centres are the places where teenagers just hang out, and already they are wanting a new Gucci bag.

I came to school thinking I was going to study how to make commercials. I hate it though.

I ended up studying linguistics and etymology.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol citycat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast