+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Twenty

Twenty

3 months have passed and it is now May
    A strange opposite happened, on the very same day
    I have gone thru so much crap all thru out my life
    I lost everything I had, even my wife
    People always say everything happens for a reason
    But why does everything change with each season ?
    I used to know exactly what I wanted
    But now my past choices keep my life haunted
    I ask God like always 'what do I do now ?'
    He tells me 'You already know what and how
    You have gone down a similar road before
    And just like everything, that what mistakes are for'
    I smile to what he says about my fate
    But I still fear I am three years too late
    I know what to do, and how to do it
    But I am scared because everything I touch turns to shit
    I wait for my next sign, my eyes wide open for me to see
    I just know that things this year come with the number twenty

you know what ?!

I met Jeni on June 20 online..... God damn. weird.

When my little "band" gets better, then I am going to try to turn all my poems to songs - we have already begun to work on 'Today'.

This band isn't anything like my last band - but meh. We will be better soon. I ussually play drums, but now I am guitar/backup singer/lead singer - yes, this is the first time I sing in front of people. I am starting to open myself up.

I sing on the softer type songs, and I backup sing on the hard songs. The softer songs I mean like something Staind would do. And harder as in something Slipknot would do. My brother sings pretty damn good when it comes to screaming and yelling like that - i just dont have the voice for it. My voice is too pure. There is no roughness to it.

I have a deep, soothing voice that my kids absolutely LOVE. When they were both newborn babies they would lay on my chest crying and then I would start to talk or even sing and they would be quiet to feel the vibrations and hear it.

Both my ex's LOVE the way I sing too. I remember I knocked Destine off her feet because I was singing loud and I gave it my all from deep down inside - and I didn't know she was listening.

ANYHOO

I can't play guitar that well - I can play Aerials by SOAD, B.B.E. by Limp Bizkit, Como White by Marilyn Manson, and Some other crap that I made up but sounds really good.

Oh - I can also play that ****ing retarded White Stripes song... God its annoying - but I can play it. hehe

**** - I got off topic within my own post - heh

But yeah - We will be working on these poems I wrote and turning them into songs within the year. Hopefully.

btw - we prolly wont make this one into a song - No one other than myself will understand what it means unless I explain it - i just wanted to point out i met my potential g/f on june 20 ...

How long have you been playing guitar? I tried teaching myself a year or two ago on an acoustic/electric but kinda gave up since I had no motivation and nobody to play with or support me. I've played piano for years but not anymore. I can read sheet and guitar tab and I can s l o w l y play from tab, but I don't know any chords. I feel kinda bummed because I had a really nice Washburn and got jack for it when I sold it. It was a cherry/maple sunburst beautiful color that everyone complimented me on. It was one of the last years Washburn used that type of wood and only year for that color scheme I believe and it was a solid body. The store I sold it to said they didn't think it was and when they looked it up in their little black book, it retailed for around $1000. I only got $200 for it though. I needed the money to pay bills and lost interest.

I've heard it's MUCH easier to learn like on a strat or straight up electric. Don't have to push on the strings so much, and you have a little leeway compared to being EXACT on acustic. What have you felt it to be like? Any comparison?

Only thing I taught myself was the main riff of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" "Bad" "Rowena's Theme" and "Farway, so close" all U2 songs. I am happy I kept a effects pedal. I bought an Electro Harmonix Memory Man deluxe from 1974-78. It's pretty good condition and it's funny because I hooked it up to the acustic and got some INSANE sounds from it. Basically could imitate a grunge metal sound. lol.

I really do want to take it up again. Just need teacher/friend to jam and learn with.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

I have an acoustic and an electric - both are Squire (Fender). The electric is a Squire Fender Strat Affinity Series. Very nice. Sounds awsome - its lightweight, but still a solid body. And I dont have to push hard on the strings at all - they sit like 2mm from the bars compared to my acoustic which is hard to play cause they sit about 10mm from the bars. Its awsome.

I started playing months ago on my brothers left handed guitar -0 I just flipped it over and played it right handed (so the strings were backwards basically) Learned to play that - it was also acoustic that I had to push hard on. My fingers have grown calice's so its easy for me play now on any guitar - acoustic or electric. I honestly prefer acoustic now because on my strat i end up pushing too hard and the strings will slide sideways and throw the pitch off a bit... ...

but I am still learning as I go. Its fun. The electric is also very fun too - I can play more songs on it that the acoustic - but I have to concentrate harder on pushing softer on the strings. hehe.

The acoustic I still play alot too so that I keep my fingers strong. But when I play with the group I play on the electric. I can hold any chord, I can slide pitch more than anyone in the group, I can pluck strings faster and smoother than anyone in my group... ... I just dont know what the hell I am doing tho. Which makes me the worst player of us all. lol. Nick will be like "Lets play BLAH" or whatever and I'm like "... ..." I dont freakin know what to do. lol. But they are workin with me. We like to play songs that we know so that we can practice the fingers and shit - builds up the strength and steadyness... And you learn great chords and skills too... Then start making up your own shit. Thats what Nick does. He already has a pretty decent lead guitar part for my poem/song 'Trapped' (which is on this site) And I am trying to learn it with him and try to make it better...

But yeah - I forgot where I was going with this post, Bono... sry. My mind just went "... ..." lol