+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bars

Bars

Alright well I'm just looking for some tips on something I've never tried; because I've never really understood it.
    Every single girl I've ever picked up or done anything with have all been through sober encounters, initially.
    My friends love to go to bars and clubs and go "dance".
    I'll go the odd time, although I prefer house parties, and I'll always just end up sitting there. Besides my complete lack of "dancing" skills, I just find it odd walking up to some random girl on the dance floor and dry humping her.
    And any girl I manage to start talking to whenever I go to these places always wants to dance or get dragged out by friends and no matter how much she'll tug or ask me to go, I've always just refused.

Next weekend it's my good friends birthday and we're going downtown. I've decided I'm going to try this whole dancing dealio. Because from what I've seen it can be fairly effective.

However, I have no clue how to initiate or do any part of it, and I don't want to walk out there all awkwardly I want to be able to walk in there like I've done it a thousand times or all the girls' "not confident enough" radars will probably go off.

Any tips from step A heading towards the dance floor to step X walking off it with a girl?

Thanks.

guys don't need to know how to dance. you didn't see the bar scenes? it's mostly guys standing by the dancing pool with drinks on their hands, searching for potential targets, while gals dance like snakes, trying to show off their body curves and flexibilities to attract those guys standing by?

yeh i never expect guys to dance altho it is always a welcome surprise when one does.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Alrighty then,
    Seems I don't have to dance, good news, however it does seem to work.
    How do I go about getting a girl off the dance floor though without dancing? Because thats where 90% of them are, and as you can tell I have never really tried to pickup in bars before, I've always had this idea that its a bad place to pick up; and I still sort of do. But its the only place I can go and meet new girls, my Engineering program has none and I'm in my last year. And don't have time for much other then work and school.
    So I guess I'll rework my question to be whats the best way to approach girls in that environment?
    I'm fairly comfortable outside of that environment just walking up and starting conversations, but recently nobodies caught my eye. I've gotten to know whats right for me. So bar = larger concentration of women = greater chance of meeting a compatible one.
    I just never feel comfortable doing anything in bars, I always feel like a creep, cause I know they're drunk.

i do go dancing a lot and the only way to get me off the dance floor would be to offer to buy me a drink, lol.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Exactly. That's what the bar is for.
    Spammer Spanker

Confidence is Key. Even though you havn't been to a thousand bars and tried to pick up girls, act like you have. Girls can pick up on that kinda thing. ( I derno how, but they can) And if you don't want to dance, just hang by the bar with a friend (wingman) and wait for girls to come to the bar to get drinks. If one catches your eye, just say "Hi" or something, try to get a little convo going, and maybe offer to buy her a drink. Chances are if you do this your going to get drug out on the dance floor, but thats sometimes the price you gotta pay to meet girls. If you do end up dancing, just look at what everone else is doing and try to copy them. There's really no right or wrong way to dance in a Club. Even if you do dance wrong, i doubt anyone will notice. And there's no good way to stop dancing and walk off the floor. I always feel like an idiot, so dont worry about that

I am a terrible dancer...but this is very true for me:

Man, I say if you can't dance avoid dance places like the plague! It's hard enough to be confident approaching women without that additional negative feeling working on you.

And pickup-bars, I think 4 out of 5 men lack the social skills to be really effective in there.

I think best place to meet women is enjoying a hobby that mostly women partake in, so you can be around a group of women that you can gradually get to know.

Hah, the dancing thing. I find dancing in clubs kind of odd too. I mean, I like dancing, I enjoy good music, but I don't know how to dance with a girl. For me, it gets a bit awkward after a while... Just jumping and making strange moves in front of each other....
    Don't expect anything.

If you dunk an eagle in a pond, he'll thrash about for a bit and drown. Throw the same eagle off a cliff and he's magnificent.

At bars, you are an eagle in a pond, leave the bars for the players.

Like you, I never got the hang of bar pickups. But I've met more prospective girlfriends in a supermarket, including one very cute checkout girl who used to shamelessly undercharge me for my groceries.

One girl with whom I had a very long relationship used to make me subs at a sandwich shop once in a while before we met.

There are lots of opportunities to meet girls outside the one location in which you compete poorly. I flirt everywhere ... libraries, classrooms, parks. There I can be comfortably audacious (I once went into a pharmacy, bought a box of condums and asked the cute girl behind the counter if she wanted to go out tonight).

In a bar, however, I never seemed to know what to shout over the blaring music, couldn't dance and just felt generally out of place. Just not my personality.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 27-11-08 at 05:08 AM.