+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are girls intimidate by good looking guys?

Are girls intimidate by good looking guys?

In honesty,I'm a good looking asian guy and even considered goodlooking by the caucasians girls.
    Being a sociable person to the 2 genders,I establish bonds without any difficulties.Infact,my sociable personality has sometime been misunderstood as flirty.
    However,because I've a strict perception of r/s,that r/s should be worked towards marriage,i tend to filter off alot of girls who aren't mature or wife material.
    Many would say I'm too serious but hey,I'm not the kind of person who likes to waste others time and much more,for them to waste my precious time.
    But from what i observe,there are girls who look at me.I'm not saying they like me but just eye candy.
    And the common answers I get from girls generally is that I look like one who has a girlfriend and many too-_-
    Since this is a western culture community,it might not be accurate since I'm from an asian community.
    Are girls in general intimidate by good looking guys and why do I keep hearing girls saying they thought I'm attached.
    It essentially kill my chances for any potential.

In all my life,I've only went for 2 girls and i didn't win their heart.
    By looks,I'm better than them and I've got the personality and maturity.
    So are girls intimidate by goodlooking guys or not?Do they feel insecure if they got attached with one?
    Last edited by UKboy; 25-11-08 at 09:55 PM.

girls are not intimidated by good looking guys, or indeed girls (if they swing that way). but when a guy/girl is good looking and he/she knows it, its a turnoff
    ~There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats.~ Elton John.

i think you're on to something - now not all girls are intimidated but yes i know i am - it's not looks as such but intellect and personality. even just yesterday i saw this amazing (not typically good looking) guy and he was what i consider THE PERFECT guy for me. i chickened out and coz i convinced myself that he was out of my league- it's stupid, but i ran away from taking a risk and my insides are all jumbled thinking about him - but i can't approach him, i just can't. so yes i do think people can be intimidated by whatever they perceive to be what they ultimately want in a partner
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 25-11-08 at 10:03 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i think you're on to something - now not all girls are intimidated but yes i know i am - it's not looks as such but intellect and personality. even just yesterday i saw this amazing (not typically good looking) guy and he was what i consider THE PERFECT guy for me. i chickened out and coz i convinced myself that he was out of my league- it's stupid, but i ran away from taking a risk and my insides are all jumbled thinking about him - but i can't approach him, i just can't. so yes i do think people can be intimidated by whatever they perceive to be what they ultimately want in a partner
    No,It's no suppose to be an ego boost thread.I have it on the bus and canteen daily.Just treat it as a general case.
    What i'm saying is,i see girls looking at me but they never talk to me.And those girls who just know me have this tendency to go "oh aren't u meeting your gf"
    It makes me think if this girl is stupid because apparently i never once told them anything of my personal life.
    Because of 2 girls i court in my life,they weren't exactly good looking by the general standards.
    However,those who tried to get to know me are those who are considered beautiful etc...

you're obviously not getting what i said. yes people are intimidated by what they perceive they want in a partner. therefore i would imagine there are women who look at you and fancy you but don't do anything about it. i'm sure if you think about it, you have also done this with girls you fancied.

logically speaking why else would someone ask a probing question like whether you are meeting your gf....i think we know who's stooooopid.

heh
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I'm not intimidated by good-looking guys. I've dated ridiculously good-looking guys, and you know what? They're no different than average joes except for the fact that they take WAY too much time in the bathroom, primping.

I find that they're generally not worth the effort because they are all hung up on themselves and their obsession with the way they're perceived. It causes trouble.

I'd probably dismiss you, but not because I'm intimidated. it would be because I would assume that you'd be a pain in the ass.
    Spammer Spanker

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm with Giga here. I've been with some really gorgeous guys and find them more of a pain in the ass. I prefer average joe.

I actually tend to dismiss really good looking guys, too. It's not a matter of whether or not I can have them, it's more do I want to bother. Most really good looking men are SOOOO into themselves, and think the world should kiss their ass. The ones that don't think like that still have chicks coming on to them 24/7. I don't need that shit.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I'm not intimidated by good-looking guys. I've dated ridiculously good-looking guys, and you know what? They're no different than average joes except for the fact that they take WAY too much time in the bathroom, primping.

I find that they're generally not worth the effort because they are all hung up on themselves and their obsession with the way they're perceived. It causes trouble.

I'd probably dismiss you, but not because I'm intimidated. it would be because I would assume that you'd be a pain in the ass.
    It works both ways. Think about very attractive women who "know it" and have an attitude like they're entitled to be treated a certain way. Their looks usually lead to attitude problems, which lead to relationship problems. So it's like eco and Giga said, it can be a major turn off.

If you're really good looking, try to downplay your looks a bit. That way, women might see you as just "cute, with a lot of potential" and not be as intimidated. Also, act as if you're oblivious to the way you look, as if you don't "know it". Also downplay your confidence, be less assertive and act a little shy. It'll definitely make them more comfortable and not cause them to feel threatened or lose interest by having yourself come off as full of yourself or self-absorbed.

They obviously can't deny that you have what they want, but it's a little insulting for you to come in with an air of confidence that screams "so I can easily have you". They'll reject you for the simple reason that they want to maintain their ego and pride. But there's nothing more attractive than someone good looking who doesn't put any importance or weight on it. It's bait that both sexes can't resist, because it's very approachable and inviting. And that's because only insecure people feel the need to act arrogant and confident about how they look. The people who are really comfortable and secure with how they look are happy and modest about it. So be the second kind.

I can't speak for all girls...but I tend not to be intimidated by good looking guys as much as I get intimidated by a guy who is smart and articulate. Good looking guys are good to look at though.

Btw, I have nothing against good looking guys...I don't believe in the stereotype that good looking guys are hung up on their looks. I actually see more of that among not so good looking guys.
    Last edited by lastwish; 26-11-08 at 04:13 AM.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I'm with Giga here. I've been with some really gorgeous guys and find them more of a pain in the ass. I prefer average joe.

I actually tend to dismiss really good looking guys, too. It's not a matter of whether or not I can have them, it's more do I want to bother. Most really good looking men are SOOOO into themselves, and think the world should kiss their ass. The ones that don't think like that still have chicks coming on to them 24/7. I don't need that shit.
    You know, it's a two-way street. When I come across women with perfect hair, make-up and clothes, I turn the other way. I make a snap judgment that she's full of herself and I really don't want anything to do with that.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by UKboy View Post
    Are girls in general intimidate by good looking guys and why do I keep hearing girls saying they thought I'm attached.
    It essentially kill my chances for any potential.

In all my life,I've only went for 2 girls and i didn't win their heart.
    By looks,I'm better than them and I've got the personality and maturity.
    So are girls intimidate by goodlooking guys or not?Do they feel insecure if they got attached with one?
    How can you kill YOUR chances. Aren't you the one doing the asking out? (mostly)

You did not win their heart and you feel it's because of your looks?

Are you sure it's not something else?
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    You chickened out because he was out of your league? Wow, am I the only one who likes a challenge and find a person that I consider much better than myself?

I love to date a man that is extremely successful in every way. I would be proud to have him by my side and glad he chose me. I would date the President of the United States if he was available and interested in me .

It makes me continue to improve myself....because I have to in order to keep the interest of a man like that.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Wow, am I the only one who likes a challenge and find a person that I consider much better than myself?
    I guess for me, I don't really consider people who are more attractive than I am to be "better than myself", or "out of my league" (a term I believe was used by Asparagus on another thread). Maybe I should, but I don't. :shrug:

I had one boyfriend who was a head-turner. Yes, he was also an asshole.

Anyway, I guess I am lucky because I don't begrudge pretty boys their looks, and wouldn't discount them immediately because they are pretty. They just need a little retraining.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Yeah, I kind of got ahead of myself and was comparing very successful men to pretty boys. They are definitely not the same and one is not really by choice. A man needs more than looks to get my attention so I may not really notice if he is a really pretty boy unless he go out of his way in his looks. But I'm dating a Metro and he attracts me. My ex was very attractive in the face too but I never really noticed. The other women did notice my ex and many assumed he was taken...which he was at the time. I don't know...I was never really a visual person. I don't really care about looks. I care about what he is doing with his life and how he is improving himself.

Ah, I remember a very pretty boy in high school. He got all the girls attention but me. He was always trying to get my attention. Looks doesn't interest me really. A pretty boy would probably feel very average or regular with me. With me, he can finally stop the excessive pretty boy charade lol. It certainly doesn't impress me one bit. In fact, I don't know what is pretty and what is not.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'll help you, Lesa. THIS is a pretty boy.

Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast