+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creepy?

Creepy?

So, I went over to where I used to live when I was in the 7th/8th grade to spend Thanksgiving with my family there. It's usually a big thing and I enjoy it.

At my first stop, my aunt said she was going through some boxes and found some things of mine from when I lived there. The things she found were little notes that I had gotten from girls at my junior high. One of them in particular I remember quite well. She had a huge crush on me, but I was extremely shy and nervous back then and was too afraid to do the whole bf/gf thing. She made this big card for my birthday, wrote me a note in it telling me never to forget her, and had friends of ours sign it. When I walked into class, the card was on my desk with balloons.

Basically, I want to get a hold of her and see how she's doing. We were friends before I moved after the 8th grade was over and I'm just curious how her life has been going. But, she's not online as far as I can tell. I wanted to search for her online first so it wasn't so awkward. Now, the only way I have to get in touch is a phone number I found that I suspect is hers. She was listed by name on whitepages.com and I just want to see if it'd seem creepy for me to just call her out of the blue one day.

What do you think?
    I don't chase, I replace.

You're in college, that was years ago...that's kinda creepy imho.

Unless you can figure out where she is/works and "mistakenly" stumble across her, then it might be less weird.

I guess I'm just not understanding how it's creepy. We were friends back then. It's not like I just saw her a few times.

I don't know where she works. I know nothing about her current life. All I know is what I think might be her current phone number.

If someone I knew from 8th grade called me one day, I wouldn't think it was creepy.. so long as I actually remember them and they were someone I spoke to regularly back then.

One of her notes even said not to ever forget her. :o

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you may as well give it a shot, I wouldn't expect much to come of it though
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Go for it then...what do you have to lose?

Do it or you will always ask yourself in the back of your mind

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her you were looking through your yearbook and saw her picture, and thought you'd try calling to see how she is...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah, i've done it....nothing happened..
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

In the old days, people had no fear, there were no creepy things, people fought bears.

Today, everything is creepy. We live in fear, can't do this, can't do that. We live in big cities but actually we are more distanced than ever. We are packed so together that everybody is forced to conseal themselves into those small private spaces. And everyone fears that someone might ruin his/her tranquilty or invade someones space.

We take taxies, ride bus, ride train, airplane, walk on the streets, bumping into each other, we should be close, right?
    Don't expect anything.

I'm not expecting anything to come of this. My intention for calling her isn't to try and get into a relationship with her. I'm genuinely curious as to how she is.

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't creepy. I thought maybe she'd forgotten about me, but as I spoke with my mom about this yesterday to get her opinion she said that she never forgot about any of the guys she liked when she was 13 so... who knows?

Should I mention a yearbook? Or should I mention that I found those notes in an old box?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I guess I'm just not understanding how it's creepy.
    If you don't understand why it's creepy then why did you title the thread "Creepy?"

actually i don't think it's creepy as long as you tell her why you thought of her, tell her about the card/notes and how you got it from your aunt etc etc...tell the truth! it could be a fun conversation imo. tell her about the baloons, it could be a laugh.

so what if she reacts badly....just say it's thanksgiving and i thought it would be fun to catch up, anyway it was just a card, happy thanksgiving....then it makes her look like she's over-reacting....

i have been contacted years later by long lost friends and thought it was nice.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-11-08 at 03:50 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

its creepy. A less creepy way might be something like facebook or friendster or some kind of network where its the norm to contact old friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If you don't understand why it's creepy then why did you title the thread "Creepy?"
    Because someone I asked before I posted here said it might be a little creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    its creepy. A less creepy way might be something like facebook or friendster or some kind of network where its the norm to contact old friends.
    I've said this already. She doesn't have Facebook or MySpace or any of the online networks. The only way I've found to contact her is a phone number.

For those of you saying it's creepy, how about explaining how it's creepy so I can understand it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast