+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex-gf Is Engaged But Says She Wants Me..

Ex-gf Is Engaged But Says She Wants Me..

HELLO
    Thanks all for reading and would love any kind of advice...
    me and my ex-gf dated for about 6 years..things turned bad and she broke it off with me.. she then started dating another guy a few months later..she dated him for about 2 and half years and they got engaged about 4 months ago.. i have not spoken to her in a bout 3 years and i saw her out about a week ago... she immediately ran up and started talking to me about how much she missed me and soo on..

i have been talking to her everyday since then.. about 2 weeks.. she goes into alot of detail how she doesnt really want to marry this guy and that i should be the one.. she's kissed me and we hooked up even... she tells me she loves me and calls./texts emails me and actually spends more time with me then him.. i find this situation verrry difficult its hard to deal with i have no clue what to do.. she hasnt expressed interest in actually saying she wants to break off the engagment but says b.c of money being spent for the wedding etccc etcc it would be too hard.. she's actually said she would rather get marriend then divorced.. i still care very much about her and would love to bee with her but i cant stop thinking about the situation and how bad it is for everyone.. if anyone has any advice i would love to hear it !! THanks all!!!

I'd say any girl this erratic and duplicitous is worth staying away from, because if you break up an impending marriage, she's all yours again, and all that baggage is yours to haul around again.

I'd say it's exciting for both of you because it's so wrong, but if you let reality set in, it could be more messy than it's worth. Seriously, unless you're immensely in love with this girl, I'd say run the other way. If only I could follow my own advice...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should tell her fiance you've been sleeping with her before the poor guy marries this woman.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You slept with her!?

Yeah, she should break up before she becomes another divorce statistic.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Indus18 View Post
    I'd say any girl this erratic and duplicitous is worth staying away from, because if you break up an impending marriage, she's all yours again, and all that baggage is yours to haul around again.

I'd say it's exciting for both of you because it's so wrong, but if you let reality set in, it could be more messy than it's worth. Seriously, unless you're immensely in love with this girl, I'd say run the other way. If only I could follow my own advice...
    yep yep yep, just think that you could be on the other end of the stick.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Yeah thanks for the advice and yet i still know .. i actually feel bad for him even though i dont like him.. but regardless of my biased opionion i feel like she shouldnt get married if she really feels this way..

I agree with indus18, she could be getting cold feet and thinking back to the fun she had with you. Once that is is gone she'll revert back to thinking why she broke up with you in the first place cept NOW you could have the baggage of possibly breaking up her marriage.

She's bad news through and through. Leave her be, somethings just weren't meant to be.
    Life's a beautiful melody, cept the lyric's a bit F'ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat1234 View Post
    ... she wants to break off the engagment but says b.c of money being spent for the wedding etccc etcc it would be too hard..
    THAT IS SAD!!!!

It sounds like he is pressuring her.

I wonder how many other girls are in a position similar to hers? It must really suck. I would ask her to tell him the truth NOW.

My advice is stay away. She sounds like trouble.

Poor guy she is going to marry...

She's not ready for marriage and should break up with her fiance

And you should stay away from her, she sounds unstable
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I think you should tell her fiance you've been sleeping with her before the poor guy marries this woman.
    I agree with this. I would hate to be the guy when he has to hear this, but I would hate even more to be the guy who marries a girl who did this to him.
    there are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

She's an asshole. Run away and thank your lucky stars it's not YOU walking down the aisle.

Oh, and I concur that you should tell the guy.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Call up a good divorce lawyer. Tell him/her you have a great tip on an upcoming divorce, which you will share for a cut. About all the good left to come out of this marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by ny2468 View Post
    THAT IS SAD!!!!

It sounds like he is pressuring her.

I wonder how many other girls are in a position similar to hers? It must really suck. I would ask her to tell him the truth NOW.
    Why are you making her out to be the victim?

She's the cheating whore.
    I don't chase, I replace.