+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A really hard challenge, loving an introvert.

A really hard challenge, loving an introvert.

Hello,

I am currently dating this wonderful girl, who is emotionally introvert, she doesn't show her emotions. I am not an extroverted person, however, I am really good at showing how I really feel, I am romantic and I am in love with love.

This girl is my dream match, we're so much alike and we enjoy doing the same activities, although, it's a long distance relationship.

I feel bad a lot of times when I tell her how much she means to me and show her actions that demonstrate my love, sometimes she responds, but most of the time she's just quiet, I can tell, however, that she really appreciates my affection, because I love her.

I am writing on this board to ask for some advice on how to get her to show her emotions more frequently, she says she's just a private person, and she's not good at showing how she really feels, I can understand that, but I would be much happier if she was more affectionate to me, I like being shown how someone loves me too! How do you think I can make her be like this?

I have indirectly told her about this situation, and obviously, she doesn't say much, but I haven't really had a conversation discussing this "problem". I don't want her to think that I am trying to change her, because she's perfect, but even if she doesn't think I am going to change her, she will most likely keep that opinion for herself.

Have anyone had a similar problem? Could someone tell me how to make her show her feelings more often?

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by Nocturne; 03-12-08 at 12:36 PM.

Try to get her to make the first move more. Lessen your affection, and maybe she'll want it so bad, she'll come out of her shyness for you.

If it continues to be a problem, you'll need to sit down and have a talk with her, and be calm and direct.

Hi, Thank you for replying.
    I already tried the first one, although it worked in that instant, I would feel bad depraving her from my love all the time, because it really didn't change her "overall" it just worked that time.

And well, I know having a talk would be the best advice, since communication is the base of every relationship, but I would like to try some other methods first, that's why I am writing here.