+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So annoying when.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    lol! ransom you're good
    Oh I know I'm good
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

oh ransom! i thought you were takin' the piss not understanding coz i said men were thick

lol
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ransom_nite View Post
    Just weird that all of a sudden she has been like it that's all? Ahh well just gotta weather it like you said
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying to any guy to be a doormat. Just learn to pick your battles. Guys invented the term 'equanimity' I think to deal with women. And learn to see through that bitchy female exterior. Sometimes there are lovely gals underneath.

And sometimes there are horrible bitches. So be ready to cut & run when you find one of those also.

I was mostly raised around guys... so I've had the opportunity to be more or less a demonstration of the truly 'innate' aspects of the female psyche...

Usually I'm pretty straightforward about my feelings... I admit when I'm wrong and even to the possibility that I may be wrong (pending evidence). I try very, very hard to separate a real problem from me just being angry and grabbing the closest available excuse... and I'm always willing to apologize when I fail at this task (after I calm down).

I have noticed other women being exceptionally moody... how they sit and stew about something that happened days or even months ago, and suddenly for no apparent reason they have an outburst at that very moment without any direct and obvious trigger. Even I am often confounded by how I seemingly jump to conclusions without any direct line of thought. Funny how I have to back-track just to see if and how it makes sense.

And yes, some woman are just manipulative and receive pleasure from 'picking' on men... though usually it's because they feel angry about something completely unrelated or even worse, something involving the guy that happened a long time ago.

As for the remedy to this problem... I have no idea... when my female friends do something similar to me... I normally just nod, get up and leave... after they calm down, I just tell them I felt it was best if I didn't add to it. Normally by then they either realize it was nothing... or they want to talk in a more civilized fashion about why they suddenly felt that way.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i agree, as a male it's better just not to engage with it. Just make the right noises, and the problem seems to go away.

Getting to the root of a woman's irrational outbursts via earnest discussions all the time is just too energy sapping. It gives me a headache. That stuff is best left to their girlfriends.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I must have really made her sound like a bitch.

She isn't manupulative or bitchy or anything along those lines, i wouldn't have spent the last 2 and a bit years with her if she was. She has the same personality as me and we are very open about how we're feeling and things like that but the last week or two she has been a bit 'off'. I'm just going to confront her about it tomorrow and see what's up, I think it's best to do that, will turn out to be a silly little thing either of has said or done.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Her change in mood can be triggered by biological reasons too... I'm sure there may be women that disagree with me, but I have noticed that my emotions become more intense and I want to be less logical and more irrational during these times of hormonal fluctuations.

Not much I can do other than give other people a wide berth and try to do things that appeal more to my emotional side... such as listen to music, draw... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ransom_nite View Post
    I must have really made her sound like a bitch.

She isn't manupulative or bitchy or anything along those lines, i wouldn't have spent the last 2 and a bit years with her if she was. She has the same personality as me and we are very open about how we're feeling and things like that but the last week or two she has been a bit 'off'. I'm just going to confront her about it tomorrow and see what's up, I think it's best to do that, will turn out to be a silly little thing either of has said or done.

nah ransom, you didn't make her sound like a bitch at all, i took it as the usual couple problems that all men and women have from time to time. we're wired differently, i was just takin' the piss coz it's so normal, it's beyond belief how common it is, i didn't think it was anythin' serious at all. it's funny really coz it never changes
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I was mostly raised around guys... so I've had the opportunity to be more or less a demonstration of the truly 'innate' aspects of the female psyche...

Usually I'm pretty straightforward about my feelings... I admit when I'm wrong and even to the possibility that I may be wrong (pending evidence). I try very, very hard to separate a real problem from me just being angry and grabbing the closest available excuse... and I'm always willing to apologize when I fail at this task (after I calm down).

I have noticed other women being exceptionally moody... how they sit and stew about something that happened days or even months ago, and suddenly for no apparent reason they have an outburst at that very moment without any direct and obvious trigger. Even I am often confounded by how I seemingly jump to conclusions without any direct line of thought. Funny how I have to back-track just to see if and how it makes sense.

And yes, some woman are just manipulative and receive pleasure from 'picking' on men... though usually it's because they feel angry about something completely unrelated or even worse, something involving the guy that happened a long time ago.

As for the remedy to this problem... I have no idea... when my female friends do something similar to me... I normally just nod, get up and leave... after they calm down, I just tell them I felt it was best if I didn't add to it. Normally by then they either realize it was nothing... or they want to talk in a more civilized fashion about why they suddenly felt that way.
    But you are female brained. The quantity of your words in your posts vs. the guys makes that obvious.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Her change in mood can be triggered by biological reasons too... I'm sure there may be women that disagree with me, but I have noticed that my emotions become more intense and I want to be less logical and more irrational during these times of hormonal fluctuations.
    I agree completely. You are just a rare female that understands & deals with it.

For those interested I recommend the book "The Female Brain". My husband found it fascinating.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/Story?id=2274147&page=1[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I agree completely. You are just a rare female that understands & deals with it.

For those interested I recommend the book "The Female Brain". My husband found it fascinating.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/Story?id=2274147&page=1[/url]
    ‘If chemicals acting on the brain can create different realities, what happens when two brains have different structures? There's no question that their realities will be different. Brain damage, strokes, prefrontal lobotomies, and head injuries can change what's important to a person. They can even change one's personality from aggressive to meek or from kind to grumpy.’

This bit made me laugh coz it made me think men need a lobotomy

Lol jus' kidding of course!

yup this book should be mandatory reading for all males in schools all over the world. facinating indi! i'm gonna buy that book and give it to the next man i decide to date haha

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This bit made me laugh coz it made me think men need a lobotomy
    Certain there are as many guys that feel the same about their women at least once a month.

Anyway, its a good book & a fun read. Worth having in one's library, IMO/
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 03-12-08 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    But you are female brained. The quantity of your words in your posts vs. the guys makes that obvious.
    I was using the fact that I was raised more around males as a way to demonstrate the femaleness of my brain.... That even if you were to strip a female from the majority of influences from other females... you would still have 'innate' characteristics that would be present no matter what.

Forgive me if I failed to convey the intended message... words can be limited, and no matter how we try... difficult thoughts are always at risk of not being expressed in the way we intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12