+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disgusted.

bluesummer says:

"What a load of junk, Neo. The last time I weighed 140 lbs, my collarbone stuck out and my cheeks were sunken in. I'm not even kidding, I looked like death warmed over. But I think you're into those anorexic types anyways. I don't aspire to that, sorry."

oh please, you looked like death at 5'8" and 140 lbs? Get real. Plenty of guys are that height and weight and don't look anorexic, and they carry more muscle than you. You're more than welcome to post a pic if you want to prove me wrong. As for which type I prefer, I like thick girls but they are nowhere near as overweight as you, sorry.

Blue...ride your bike, a lot.

Simple way to lose weight.

I was 140lbs and I had a lot of trouble losing weight running. Took up cycling and I'm down to 135lbs now, I'm also 5'9". I really want to get down to 130lbs but I don't think that's going to happen.

I know kinda skinny but cycling is fun and I want to race next summer.

Also did you go running this morning? There's no excuse not to, if you had something in the morning...go earlier. Don't run on a treadmill either, one it's boring, two it's not as good of a workout.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neo, my sister is 5'8 1/2 and weighs around 130. According to her doctor, she is quite underweight (she'a a runner). In fact, she's so thin she doesn't even menstruate regularly (never has). She looks too skinny, and yes, the bones on her upper chest stick out like a skeleton.

2nd point - Your claim of 140 lbs being ideal for a 5'8" woman obviously doesn't take into account body frame size or muscle mass, and yes, there are many different possibilities. I'm actually surprised that someone so interested in fitness and muscle doesn't understand this.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

tbh guys and gals, you are all looking at this WAY WAY TOO DEEPLY. Blue just be glad you're gorgous looking, there's nothin' neo can do about that. you'll still be gorgeous tomm, the day after and the day after that...soooooo suckaaaaaaaa
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post

oh please, you looked like death at 5'8" and 140 lbs? Get real. Plenty of guys are that height and weight and don't look anorexic
    Male and female anatomy differ, Neo. For someone who knows so much about BMI vs %body fat, you don't know much.

Actually, for HEALTH, neither matters as much as abdominal girth. Which you Neo, with your MD degree, must certainly know.

Blue says she is happy at 150 lbs. That should be enough. Shut the hell up Neo. Or, perhaps, if you like, we can discuss your extensive quals on this subject. Your physiology degree? Or perhaps all those body builder competitions that you only managed to place, not actually win?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    My MAIN concern is not just my looks. I don't feel healthy. I sleep a lot. I miss being able to pop out of bed early and go for a run. I lose my breath after a km or running now, and to me that's just sad, considering I could easily do 10 k before.
    Blue, I'm certain that this is just due to the change in your working and school, increasing your PA should do the trick.

That said, you are getting to the age where stuff starts to happen to your body. If you find that you are still lacking energy and/or no change to your body despite reasonable consistency in your PA for several months, DO get a proper checkup from your doctor. Blood work, thyroid levels especially. In fact, anyone who is approaching 35 should have this done, IMO. If only to have a 'healthy baseline' for when you get older and things do start to break.

vashti says:

"Neo, my sister is 5'8 1/2 and weighs around 130. According to her doctor, she is quite underweight (she'a a runner). In fact, she's so thin she doesn't even menstruate regularly (never has). She looks too skinny, and yes, the bones on her upper chest stick out like a skeleton."

show me where I said someone 5'8" should weigh 130 lbs.

"2nd point - Your claim of 140 lbs being ideal for a 5'8" woman obviously doesn't take into account body frame size or muscle mass, and yes, there are many different possibilities. I'm actually surprised that someone so interested in fitness and muscle doesn't understand this."

I never said 140 lbs is ideal. That's what the site I posted said. Personally, I think 145 lbs is optimal for a girl who is 5'8".

IndiReloaded says:

"Male and female anatomy differ, Neo. For someone who knows so much about BMI vs %body fat, you don't know much."

ha ha ha, okaaay. You keep believing that females should weigh as much as men the same height.

"Actually, for HEALTH, neither matters as much as abdominal girth. Which you Neo, with your MD degree, must certainly know."

are you saying overall body fat doesn't matter? ;-)

"Blue says she is happy at 150 lbs. That should be enough. Shut the hell up Neo. Or, perhaps, if you like, we can discuss your extensive quals on this subject. Your physiology degree? Or perhaps all those body builder competitions that you only managed to place, not actually win?"

yawn, you ladies crack me up. Show me where I said 150 lbs is an unhealthy weight for a girl who is 5'8". Go on. All you can do is come up with strawman arguments.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post

are you saying overall body fat doesn't matter? ;-)
    I'm saying that even % body fat can be an unreliable measure of health, esp if taken by itself. There are other important measures. For example, like Blue, I don't find the bodybuilder physique particularly healthy looking, tho their %age BF would fall in acceptable ranges. Even so-called 'natural' builders. They just manipulate their bodies using different means, not necessarily more healthy.

No more arguing...

So blue have you gone running or done something about this yet?

Ethic backgrounds play a huge roll on a person's BMI and BF%, but I'm sorry i agree with Neo.

And yes Blue you done anything to help yourself yet?
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    considering the emotional torment it causes them I don't understand why there are any overweight women at all. I guess humans don't work like that.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    considering the emotional torment it causes them I don't understand why there are any overweight women at all. I guess humans don't work like that.
    Couldn't agree more, goes for males as well.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456