+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dating sites and saddo's

Dating sites and saddo's

Ok I’m giving a dating site a go atm. Now I’m starting to get the feelin’ that the guys on there are very much complainers and expect once they have made contact that i respond. Now I don’t respond to them all, it’s huge site and jaysus I’d be replying all day. But the moment I do reply to their contact they are like panthing dogs and won’t let up and then they get frustrated and ignore me coz I can’t always respond, I gotta work and make some money; not sit on my arse all day at the computer. Anyway I’m startin’ to think it’s full of saddo ‘nice guys’.

I find it a bit of harmless fun but I dunno if they do, it’s all a bit too serious for me. Anyone with any positive experience to contribute?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

My best friend met her husband on Match.com and they've been together for 9 years.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My best friend met her husband on Match.com and they've been together for 9 years.

There are dating sites and there are dating sites, Jeanne. Giga gave a success story from one of the most popular relationship building sites, another is eharmony. But there are also some very popular hookup sites (adult friend finder comes to mind) which cater to casual encounters. Obviously, the quality of contacts varies with the mission of the site.

Carl.

I'm on eHarmony at the moment. I haven't given dating sites a go in a long time. eHarmony seems okay and seems to return reasonable matches, but I get the feeling they loosen the criteria to send more local matches, because the women from farther away always seem to be better matches. I try not to respond too quickly on eHarmony or seem like a desperate freak like the people you're encountering, and the fact that I'm really busy lately hasn't made that too difficult. One person in particular seems like a very sane and engaging individual, and she only lives about 12 hours away by car. *sigh*

Anyway, I would say beware of those salivating inbox hounders, and if that's all you get from the service you're subscribing to then try something different. I've actually met many more interesting people by attending events through meetup.com than on eHarmony so far, but I'm trying a multifaceted approach here.
    Since time began
    the dead alone know peace.
    Life is but melting snow.
    --Nandai

I tried okcupid.com

It's free, there were more people my age on it than the sites you have to pay for. Probably because most people my age don't have money. Went on one date, she was cute, but ****ing nuts. Needless to say, no second date, and no more online dating.

Aren't the male-female ratios usually imbalanced? Dozens and dozens of horny guys skulking around, geez.

But as 1AJ shows, I'd much rather date someone I've met in person than basing it entirely on a picture of their choosing and information that they provide.

Was on a dating site too. One that matches personalities. I had one good match, but he was 34, and a few that were nice, but not really my thing.

I went on a date with one of the guys. Asked him for a drink, he said I wouldn't dare, asked again. No, no he didn't wanted to it was all too soon. Well ok, cause first idea was a cinema. Cinema?! He was up for it.

We had a really nice time, we really did. Got along very well. After that he had been, I don't know, I guess he liked me or something. He became aggressive possessive if I wouldn't reply on things :S.

I was deadly tired and he asks if I wanted to go to the cinema. I say sorry I can't and I'm not gonna pay for a short nap. He keeps on nagging, I kindly tell him to stop that. Then he goes ranting how I pushed our first date to happen. That I should reread the conversation and all... That was the sign to back off with contact and in the end deletion + blocking AND deleted my site thingie as well.

As most guys were into BDSM and just instantly talking about sex. Not that I mind, but the way how .

Just as a reminder Eco is in Ireland..not sure if the dot com places are only in the US.

Eco you must use your brain and intuition. My current partner and I met through online. My last ex I met online and he was a good guy. You need to sift through people like you are interviewing for jobs..that's what I did. I looked for genuine profiles..not the ones full of BS like all they like is romantic walks on the beach..puke.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Friend met her husband online, Eco. It can work. Just be safe.

Eco, you have so many sites that are specific to your area, some of which are free. Why not sign up to a few of the smaller ones and just watch the email reponses so you can gauge the quality of your responders. Then you can concentrate on quality instead of quantity by deleting those sites that keep sending you trash.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how much are you paying for this?? isn't like you pay just to receive messages??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    But there are also some very popular hookup sites (adult friend finder comes to mind) which cater to casual encounters.
    AdultFriend Finder is a great hookup site... if you want to pay for it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

So from what I've gathered here, you're most likely to meet possesive psychos on dating sites than in real life. Thanks for the heads up.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

You can meet those irl as well though. I think it's easier to actually meet people on forums or something rather then via a dating site. Forums about cars, or games or whatever.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Online dating is for geeks and losers.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast