+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this txt message mean?!

What does this txt message mean?!

Hi,

Need a bit of help ideally from a female perspective!
    I broke up with my ex-g/f about 6 months ago for various reasons and I believed the best thing to do in the circumstance was to get on with my life which I have done so and not to contact her as I needed to move on. She wanted to remain 'friends' and has emailed me a couple of times since when it was my b'day / sisters wedding and I've been very civil but kept communication brief as I believe in the situation this was the best thing for me as I needed to move forward and not be held back by old feelings.

Just the other day whilst I was out, she called me (which I missed) and then half an hour sent me a txt message saying:

''No need to call back, just wanted to see how you were. Hope you have a great xmas and new year and your family are well and they do to''

As it was I didn't call her back but still why would she write something when xmas is not exactly next week!!!
    It has been baffling me why she would do this. Surely if she wanted to speak to me she should have sent something saying 'do you think we could have a chat' or something along those lines!

Thanks
    -Michael

uhhhh, from a female perspective i would say she is wishing you and your family well for the holidays.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I think you're reading into it too much.

I was in a similar situation as you as when my ex- and I broke up she wanted friendship and I wanted no contact.

She would occassionally IM me to see how I was doing and such and we met up once afterwards...other than that...she typically initates any contact between us.

This is her giving up. It shows she doesn't plan to talk to you within the next few weeks to wish you happy holidays. Simple as that.
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

MisterFlapJack Guest
    I actually think she wanted to talk. She DID call you, right? I think when you missed her phone call, and didn't call back for 30 minutes, she assumed you didn't want to talk to her. That's why she said "No need to call back..." meaning "I guess you don't want to talk"
    Last edited by MisterFlapJack; 08-12-08 at 01:42 PM.

I'm with MisterFlap on this one. Sounds like she does want to talk to you, just doesn't want to come across as desperate or admit that she wants you back. If you have no intention of getting back with her, you're doing good by the way, keep it up.

thanks for all your messages, and yes Tzna, I think to talk to her wouldn't be right & I'd feel uncomfortable and I would rather remember the good times and leave it at that as life moves on and I'm trying to do the same!