+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1000% stubborn. Advice?

1000% stubborn. Advice?

I'm new at this online thing, but I figured why not give it a shot, any advice would be useful.

So there's this guy (surprise surprise). We've been friends for years. Always had a slight.. BIG interest in him. He's completely stubborn, yet I'm the same way, so our battles last for days. We stopped talking for a few months after I moved, and now that I'm moving back, he's decided to re-enter my life full force. I recently saw him, and surprisingly it was the best few days of my life.

What in the world is he thinking? Grant it, we have admitted to being in love with each other, but that was nearly a year ago. Should I talk to him, or wait til I move back? He texts/calls every few days, but is starting to less and less. Should I initiate any conversation, or just leave it as is and not have any expectations for the two of us?
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

If you have a thing for him, then take charge. He's probably backing off because he's not receiving the signals telling him that you're interested. Go for it. Assertive women are a definite plus.

I agree. Go with what you want and follow it. If nothing happens from it, at least you know you did what you can to make something happen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he's not contacting you, maybe he isn't interested. You'd better ask him if his feelings have changed.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    a little talking never hurt anyone right?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

If you all have had a good time before, go for it. you don't want to regret it later, whats the wait?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If he's not contacting you, maybe he isn't interested. You'd better ask him if his feelings have changed.
    Talking about feelings doesn't go over well with him. He's like me in that way, we really would prefer to not talk about it. Well he does contact me, but he always initiates it and it's starting less and less. He's the kind of guy who never gives compliments so when he says something slight, he means it. Like after I saw him this weekend he told me how protective he is over me and how I should never think I'm not important to him.

Big move on his part. I am just afraid of seeming "needy" if I try to attempt talking to him. So I just needed someone's advice.
    I ought to know better than to do what I do, but I ain't no quitter.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, you aren't living locally, so perhaps you should wait until you are living in his area to begin expecting anything more.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you aren't initiating any contact, he is probably giving you up as disinterested. If you are interested, you should act like it.