+ Follow This Topic

Thread: LOL, what a mess!!!

LOL, what a mess!!!

Hey all, I'll make an extremely long story short.

Girl, 'love of my life' yada yada, lived in eachothers back pockets, she'd never been with anyone 'seriously' before. We were extremely close.

THEN - I joined the Military and she went to Uni and as you can imagine, even after promising one another we'd stick through eachother through everything, the inevitable happened after ONE WEEK! Haha.

I just got on with my training you know, turned the emotion to anger and took it out in the gym, we then rarely spoke for about a month. Until about a month ago, she sent me this really soppy text saying how much she loves me and all this 'provide me with emotional dependency' bs

Silly me, I danced to her tune, told her how much she still meant to me and we spoke online about the old times for a while. Then, a kick in the balls - "I can't be with you right now"

I went crazy, I thought she was really selfish for building my hopes up, she was aware that I'd do anything for her back like, so much so that I "set her free" as cheesy as it sounds. So I went crazy and told her not to contact me again and blocked her numbers/texts/facebook/msn the works and obviously have not spoken since.

Now, a month later and it's her birthday soon... I dont know whether I'm being weak? Should I wish her happy birthday with a card? Also, we've had to write these "death letter" things which are given to our families if anything happens when we're deployed - Do I write her one?

We're both well stubborn aswell.
    Should I waste my time with her? I'm pretty emotionally-hard and can take the truth. I'll get on with my life without her if I have to, but if theres a chance I'm not going to turn my back on such an amazing person.

Appreciated guys, Calam.
    Last edited by Calam; 06-12-08 at 10:27 PM. Reason: "Ball" as if one got amputated :( haha

"Then, a kick in the balls - "I can't be with you right now""

Sounds surprisingly like a "dear John" letter from WWII

She has a new boyfriend Calam and you are better off without her.

Sorry.

Carl.