+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is the Law of Attraction garbage?

Is the Law of Attraction garbage?

This is obviously related to my own personal experience. I really feel like I've kept great thoughts and feelings for the last 7+ years yet I feel like they have been the hardest. Of course the Law of Attraction claims that what you think of most you will receive yet I have found the opposite and some may say that perhaps I'm just trying to convince myself that is what I feel but it simply isn't true. I've felt on top of the world and almost without fail a major set back happens.

Anyways, I just feel annoyed because I've been a very philosphical person for years and thought this theory was correct but it just seems my reality is a contradiction to it. I feel like I've never been more focused on my goals etc yet I've never felt so far away from them as well. So cutting some of the ramble short where do you guys stand with this concept or do believe in destiny, everything happens for a reason, or things just happen with no rhyme no reason, just see where the current takes you....idk but I'm getting pretty impatient now.

certain actions are more likely to produce desired results. There is no law of attraction or destiny. We simply live our lives and look for patterns and relationships to make us feel like we have a better understanding of life and the world around us. [/thread]

I thought it had been established for a while the the Law of Attraction was a load of shyte.

The Law of Attraction is kind of a contrived thing to sell books... But it does show something important IMO. If you surround yourself with failure thoughts you'll never get what you want because you'll be defeated already.

Yes, every time something seems to be good and turning awesome, it all goes down the drain. My experience is with the law of Murphy.
    Don't expect anything.

Yes, it's garbage. You have to actually expend some energy to make good things happen. You can't just think about it, and this is coming from someone who lives in Santa Fe.

This town is full of crystal-rubbing, Law of Attraction-believing, patchouli-stinking neo-hippies and they piss me off.

Wake up and take charge of your life.
    Spammer Spanker

Even then the good things you make happen can go away in an instant so *shrugs* I mean I'm not a pessimist or anything but I don't think things happen for a reason. Things just happen for good or bad so just deal with it.
    Life's a beautiful melody, cept the lyric's a bit F'ed up.

Actually many people don't realize how thin the string is that supports their life hanging. All it takes is one tiny progress, a snap.
    Don't expect anything.