View Poll Results: Should I stay in my relationship?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea, stick with it!

2 40.00%
  • No way, be single.

3 60.00%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I end my 2 year relationship for the excitment of being single?

Should I end my 2 year relationship for the excitment of being single?

Help me out!

Alright, well I have a dilemma of figuring out whether or not I should stay in my relationship. First of all, here’s some background info:

I am 18 years old male and I have been dating my 16 year old girlfriend for about two years. We have been through a lot of hard stuff together and stuck through it somehow. There was even a time when we were separated for 3 months and couldn’t have any contact with each other. That was after about 6 months of being together. We both remained loyal to each other and got back together, happy as ever. Nowadays we are both really busy, both of us being really studious and still in high school. We get to see each other on the weekends and usually one or two times during the week, since she goes to a different high school 15 minutes away. We’ve always been really close and affectionate to each other, sharing all our problems. We both have decided to wait until marriage to have intercourse, but still maintain intimacy through other types of sexual contact. We currently plan on getting married to each other and I really look forward to a happy life with her. Now that you got a good idea where I’m coming from, here is my dilemma.

I’m beginning to wonder if I should stay in my relationship or leave it. I still love my girlfriend and I have fun when I’m around her, but I wonder if a teenager still in high school should have a girlfriend for this long. Should I be monotonous with one person or date other people while I’m still young? If I could choose anyone to be my wife I would choose her, but is it to early to make that commitment? Our current relationship might as well be an engagement. I know that dating people is exciting part of school, and I didn’t get much of a chance to date my first two years of school. Am I missing out? Should I break up and start dating again, which I really miss, or should I stay with her? I really care about this girl and I don’t want to hurt her, and if I leave her I know she will be devastated. But at the same time I feel like I shouldn’t have made this commitment in the first place and that I’m missing out on a great part of high school. Is there any way to make my feelings go away?

Thank you very much for your help!

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't waste your college years on one girl. That would be a shame. Go out, have fun, experience what life's got to offer.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

You know what awman? We see a lot of posts here from people (usually early 20s) who wonder if they missed out on life by being with their first romantic partner.

I usually advise that the grass is rarely greener on the other side but if you have these doubts at 18, maybe it would be better for you to discover that through bitter experience.

If you need to experiment, then you should. Sure, it's possible that you may be giving up the "girl of your life" for nothing, but I think that this issue is going to keep coming up in your head if you don't.

Carl.

If you have doubts, then your heart obviously isn't in this relationship. Do the both of you a favor and end it, but only if you're not going to play tug with her heart. If you end it, be sure to keep it ended. Don't get jealous if she starts dating someone else and try to get her back.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ditch! Ditch! Ditch!

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    If you need to experiment, then you should. Sure, it's possible that you may be giving up the "girl of your life" for nothing, but I think that this issue is going to keep coming up in your head if you don't.
    That's right, you need to learn from mistakes you haven't yet made by making them awman. Otherwise you risk becoming resentful and bitter with a fixation on unavailable greener pastures everywhere.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~