+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I've had that as well. It's really annoying. It usually happens when you are vastly outnumbered and against all odds too.

I wonder why that happens
    I've had dreams like that...

I remember reading up on that, apparently if our legs are not getting enough circulation or we are in an awkward sleeping position.... our brain reacts to this and shows us running slowly.

One dream I had, when I was roughly 9yrs old: My mom had brought me along to do errands.. when A pharoh comes out of a limo and tells my mom that he will be abducting her. My mom then walks over to Gap, which conveniently has 3 potions, and mixes them and drinks, flexing saying "I am invincible", and then walks off into the pharohs limo (I was still standing there, mind you.) The employees at gap run out saying she made the potion the wrong way, but it was too late, the limo was driving away. And then my mom was dog, and jumped out of the window.

I love the dreams where I can fly.

But I never just take off.

I always have to run, hop, and eventually I take off.
    I don't chase, I replace.

My dreams usually have something to do with medical issues and they are realistic and pisses me off.

Also I usually dream about something sexual (lol) and they are usually realistic but I somehow know it's a dream. Do any of you guys have that feeling or tell yourself it's a dream while you are dreaming?

When that happens and I wake up for a brief second (I guess I woke up for real...not sure-I probably have a lot of sleep disorders lol) I will "go back" into that dream and do something I know I would not do in real life. I usually try to make myself a slut and it works sometimes.

Can you guys do that--go back into the dream after realizing it's not real and "act up"?

Okay I'm weird, I know.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I wish I could realize I'm dreaming while I'm still dreaming so I could control that shit.
    I don't chase, I replace.

That's 'Lucid Dreaming' Lesa... and yes I've been able to do that a few times...

I had a lovely dream the other night... was waiting at an airport for my bf to arrive... he finally did, we talked for a bit... and then one thing led to another... clothes being cast aside... inhibitions and shame eagerly stripped away... and right there on the floor... infront of everybody we went at it...
    The dream ended with the airport security rushing in...

I woke up laughing...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

You can't, Cain? Can anyone else? Oh, I love it when I can do that. I can recall doing that probably about one every one-two per weeks. I love to control my dreams but I noticed it's only the sexual ones. I can't do anything to the others no matter how realistic or unrealistic they are.

Indi or anyone who may know, how is it possible that we can control our dreams sometimes? Are dreams simply random thoughts that we can sometimes control?

Ecojeanne wrote that she wakes up with heart pounding. I don't do that anymore. Even when the dreams are realistic and scary (especially when I know it's a dream) I will remain sleep and not try to wake up. I'm old and need my sleep especially during times when I get little.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Check this out Lesa:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming[/url]
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Indi or anyone who may know, how is it possible that we can control our dreams sometimes? Are dreams simply random thoughts that we can sometimes control?
    I'm guessing it has to do with the stage of sleep you are in (REM, alpha, theta etc). I've had early am dreams where I was half-awake. Those I could "control". I don't remember dreams tho unless I write them down immediately.

That wiki link looks interesting. Haven't read yet, but mbe something in there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Haha Aeradalia you beat me to it. I was just going to post about that. I found a lot of stuff on it. I'm afraid to read it for fear that I may find something medically wrong with me rofl.

Great.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its an interesting link, but not a lot of neuroscience in there.

The link mentions tibetan buddhists & mediation. What it doesn't mention is that those dudes are able to quickly induce a theta wave state in their brains that, IMO, allows them to 'lucid dream'. That's what these out of body experiences, etc are, I think.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theta_waves[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I used to mediate and go into theta waves (I believe that's what it was)! Wow, this is so cool, interesting, and scary! I have been mediating and doing self hypnosis for the past, I think, 8-10 years. Maybe I am forever stuck with this? Well so far it feels good. I don't have bad experiences as a result. I used to have nightmares where I would wake up frighten..after mediating I have no more. I also used to occasionally get into depress mood or cranky moods not related to personal tradegies...no more. I wonder if all that is related? My pysch bf would probably disagree.

This is absolutely fascinating to me. Thanks Aeradalia and IndiReloaded. Silly me, now I'm going to spend my day reading up on this stuff. I should be used as a guinea pig. hehe
    Last edited by lesa; 07-01-09 at 06:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is some research that is looking into a connection b/t theta wave states and learning. To be clear, this stuff is recent and not very well worked out. Take whatever you read about this with a bucket of salt.

So, what I've read says that *perhaps* the way that groups of neurons are 'synched' together to store information (this is a big question for neuroscience) is through these theta waves (and possibly other frequencies). Sort of related to how we know that REM sleep is important for memory storage, this seems to be proposing an actual physical mechanism for it. Kind of like how resonances can be set up in things with the correct frequency. Know what I mean? The opera singer who can cause a glass to break with her voice b/c she makes the glass vibrate so it cracks? That.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Can you guys do that--go back into the dream after realizing it's not real and "act up"?
    I had that once. But sadly after realizing I was dreaming and could control stuff I quickly woke up. That was a downer.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yeah when it's a violent dream such as me fighting someone (something I definitely would not do in real life and is very easy for me to determine is a dream) I get so excited and want to do the physical fighting but wake up instead.

The key is to remain calm during that time which is hard to do. Sexual dreams are easier it seems. Probably because I think really hard and wonder if it's really a dream. I don't want to ruin my rep if it's not lol. So next time play around in that sex dream hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There is some research that is looking into a connection b/t theta wave states and learning.
    Very interesting. I think it's possible. My memory is good sometimes. I usually have useless information in my brain haha.

When I study in my "mediation" state, I can recall I lot of informaton. Sometimes I question the information but it's there. This happens when I barely looked over reading information and only read it once ever. So theta wave states and learning may be real. Now if I feel confident in myself after studying material while in what I suppose is theta wave state, that would be fantastic. I don't feel smarter because of it...just good recall without confidence if that makes sense. Almost like a dream too.

Wow, I need to try this more often. I haven't been doing that lately. Sometimes I would be asleep without knowing it. I really need to improve my learning abilities.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast